Sonata Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm new here so forgive me if I'm not posting in the correct forum for this.. if I'm wrong please direct me to the right way.

I drive a 2015 Sonata Turbo with the Ultimate Package which gives you that 8 inch touch screen audio/nav system. About a week ago it started acting up. Nothing major, just minor annoyances. Every time I start up the car after about 10-15 seconds the radio will change modes on its own. For instance, if I shut the car off with FM on, it'll start up in FM but will change to AM within a few seconds. At first I thought I was just bumping the "Mode" button on my steering wheel, but it's definitely doing it on its own.

The Ultimate package also gives you the panoramic sunroof which is GREAT, however I THINK it's causing some rattling in my headliner (right near the driver's side oh sh*t handle.) It only happens when the outside temp is below 40 degrees or so but it's VERY annoying (especially because it's right above my head.) Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks again in advanced for any response I may get.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome to the forums...

Greetings welcome to the forums!
:):laugh::|:nerd::D0:)
Lots of great people hear to share and learn from!

Congrats on your new LF! I would head to your dealer and have them check it out. Sounds rather unusual at the least. Have you lost any of your settings or the like?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I haven't lost any settings. I actually just started shutting the radio off when I shut the car off so that bypasses it automatically switching modes. I'll most likely get that and the rattle checked when it goes in for its first oil change (in a little less than 1,000 miles!) Thanks for the response

·
Registered
56 Posts
Exact same rattle/creaking noise on the 2014 Sonata 2.0T with Panoramic roof, mine was coming from the wires that leads to the Bluetooth microphone. It was missing a clip that held the wire in place....at the 25-45MPH range across bumpy roads it was really annoying, if I applied pressure to the headliner on top of the microphone it would stop. I initially thought it was coming from the sunroof but it turned out to be that....hope this helps some. Our temps here in FL haven't been that cool since getting it and it happens even in the 55-75 degree range of weather we have been having.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exact same rattle/creaking noise on the 2014 Sonata 2.0T with Panoramic roof, mine was coming from the wires that leads to the Bluetooth microphone. It was missing a clip that held the wire in place....at the 25-45MPH range across bumpy roads it was really annoying, if I applied pressure to the headliner on top of the microphone it would stop. I initially thought it was coming from the sunroof but it turned out to be that....hope this helps some. Our temps here in FL haven't been that cool since getting it and it happens even in the 55-75 degree range of weather we have been having.
Sounds similar to mine, however in the 2015 models the bluetooth microphones are located by the map lights. Not saying that's out of the question, I'm sure they're hooked up similarly, but we'll see. Did the dealership rip your headliner out to fix it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, they took the liner down...just hoping that doesn't lead to something else making noise in the future o_O.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Radio jumping frequencies

The exact same thing is happening to me with my radio. I start the car, and 15 seconds into it running, it changes to FM, SiriusXM or something else. I took it to the dealer and they said they'd never heard of the problem, and thought I must be accidently hitting the button on the steering wheel, which I knew I wasn't.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I originally thought I was hitting the button on the steering wheel too but realized it wasn't me after the second time it did it. I got around the issue by shutting the radio off when turning the car off. When starting it back up I'd turn the radio on and it would work fine. However suddenly it stopped changing on its own..so I'm not sure if they pushed an update (if that's even possible for the car) or what.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm the new kid around here. Does any techies from Hyundai ever stop by to discuss problems? My radio won't stop changing frequencies when it fires up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How is it going? I hope you got it fixed.
No it's not fixed. As I posted earlier, I took it to the dealer .. they'd never heard of any such thing and suggested that I must be accidently hitting the mode button on the steering wheel.

So I'm convinced now that to take it back to them and ask them again would be to no avail, so I've come here to see if others have had the same problem an then how it might have been fixed.

Are you a Hyundai rep and if so, do you have any suggestions? It's very annoying and obviously under warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is it going? I hope you got it fixed.
No it's not fixed. As I posted earlier, I took it to the dealer .. they'd never heard of any such thing and suggested that I must be accidently hitting the mode button on the steering wheel.

So I'm convinced now that to take it back to them and ask them again would be to no avail, so I've come here to see if others have had the same problem an then how it might have been fixed.

Are you a Hyundai rep and if so, do you have any suggestions? It's very annoying and obviously under warranty.
Try shutting the radio off when you shut the car off. That's what helped mine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try shutting the radio off when you shut the car off. That's what helped mine
Yeah, that could work, but the radio should work as radios are supposed to work. It's under warranty and someone from Hyundai should find out what's causing this to happen. It's broken.

Does anyone from Hyundai ever post here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same issue as well. It seemed to happen when I was backing out of the driveway and turning the wheel. I though maybe some static electricity issue? Also I plugged my iphone into the USB port a couple of time to charge, and the radio would randomly stop while the system looked for music on my iphone. (none there BTW) I solved the latter with a $5 charger to plug into a power outlet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's one of the reasons why I strictly use Bluetooth audio. The other reason being it doesn't seem to work with Spotify I plug my phone in through USB. it will play from Spotify for a second and then immediately switch back to music on the phone itself (which is none.) I'm hoping CarPlay comes out soon so that I can use the built in Spotify app with that

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all,

New rattle off the back deck area (2500 miles), 2014 Sonata 2.0T with tech package. It happens at pretty much any speed range and doesn't take much uneven / bumpy road surface to make it non-stop. Technician took apart entire back deck, removed the back seat, added sound deadening material, foam wedges, tightened down bolts etc. and none of it eliminated the noise or even reduced it for that matter. He even replaced the subwoofer thinking the housing/insulation around it might have been bad. He took 3 techs for a ride with him and they all confirm the same exact noise location. They say it sounds like sheet metal rubbing against each other or a flex causing it to pop/rattle repeatedly...thought the Sonata had a Uni-body design? Has anyone else experienced this issue? He's forwarded this problem to the next level of tech support for a possible solution.

Thanks =)

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the radio changing modes can you video on your cell phone the process of turning you car on your car and having the radio change modes? That should convince them you are not hitting the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm new here also so sorry if this isn't the right place but my wife has a 2013 sonata hybrid limited and today her navigation started acting up we live in ocala fl but the Navi says we are in Michigan the car is a 2013 but we bought it brand new about 8 months ago from the dealership any ideas about what's going on with it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts