Sonata Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys Im Neco & I have a 2011 Sonata 2.4L. YES 2.4 because some bum in Korea decided not to add manual to the turbo model & I dont like automatic, I get bored.

If u dont like modified cars then u should just walk away now.LOL

1st thing I did was throw some wheels on, these are OZ Michael Angelo. 19s

Then I realized that the suspension on the Sonata sucks. Once u hit 70 she starts to wonder so I did a full suspension upgrade.

So now she looks better & handles like a champ

Buuuttttt I think I can do better with my wheel options so i changed it up again. Nice & staggered 20s

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New project Im working on for the Sonata. I cant see myself paying 1000 or more on a cat back exhaust so Im building my own. Most kits I find are running a 2.5 inch pipe unless ur turbo then u can run 3 inch. I have the 2.4L so Im going 2.5 piping & I did a crap load of researched to find a car that can match our layout & I think I got it. I will post more pics tomorrow once I install it with my buddy.

Im happy today! Got my duals in

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very proud to have my car on the add for StanceUSA. These guys sponsored my car & made me a full custom coilover kit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My latest accomplishment with my car was a photo shoot that got put in for the 2012 Rohana wheels brochure & web site. These guys also sponsored my car & graced me with these sexy wheels.

Checkout the website with all the pics.

Hyundai | Rohana Wheels <<<<<<<<<<<

·
Registered
470 Posts
nice! look forward to this build, are you planning on cutting out your bumper for the exhaust to sit flush? i think it would look alot better

·
Registered
156 Posts
what kind of exhaust is that and for what car?

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cat back exhaust is for a 2005 Nissan Maxima. I bought it & had it installed all for $450 & thats including buying the hanger bracket from the dealer coz I have a 2.4L. I still wanna do a lip kit, I already ordered the diffuser from Shark Racing & I wanna do black leather interior

·
Registered
156 Posts
The cat back exhaust is for a 2005 Nissan Maxima. I bought it & had it installed all for $450 & thats including buying the hanger bracket from the dealer coz I have a 2.4L. I still wanna do a lip kit, I already ordered the diffuser from Shark Racing & I wanna do black leather interior
Nice! any modifications required or did it just bolt up or did it end up getting welded on?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! any modifications required or did it just bolt up or did it end up getting welded on?

They bent the stock muffler hangers & then cut & shortened the mid pipe & finally welded it to the stock hinge on the front. Sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice. You gotta get some vids on that!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why does my car have to look like crap in the winter with the stock 16s??? Lets change that up!! Genesis 2.0 Turbo 19s + Slammed Sonata = Winter mode like a boss

·
Registered
470 Posts
fitmentttttttttttttttttt!

must say though, something about gen coupe wheels on a slammed sonata looks so hot

·
Registered
470 Posts
do you know your alignment spec? camber etc.?
looks really good, safe to say, best one on the forums so far

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Toe is as close to 0 as I can get it. The rear camber is -3 & the front is 1.9 for now. Im gonna change the setup soon tho to go a little more aggressive for a show in New Jersey Im going to this summer. Plus Wekfest is coming to Chicago so I gotta step up my game lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally installed diffuser on my GLS (thank u Shark Racing). Now off to the garage to install new HKS exhaust

Trying to get in the garage to install new exhaust

New HKS exhaust making some noise

1 - 20 of 33 Posts