Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

New user here. My new Sonata recently got damaged by some *@#$ in the parking lot. Didn't even leave a note.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

Do you guys suggest I should go via the insurance route ($500 deductible) or do a DIY touch up paint job on this?

Thank you so much in advance :)

Yours truly,
Worried Sonata owner :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hit my Car in the same place causing identical damage. I took it to the local body shop and restored the Car within a half an hour for 40 bucks. They can buff out certain things, and this is one of them! Yes there will be slight scratches left, chances are you wont see them. My damage was even worse!

·
Registered
63 Posts
that looks pretty bad, bad enough that no product will help it, you'll need to get that are repainted.
I'm sorry as that is not so. I wiped out that exact spot. How did the Body Shop restore it? I have the same color car and was amazed what really can be buffed out. Yes I still see some scratches but all the white part is gone, and the scratches blend in with the Car. I was thrilled for $40. The Body Shop owner told me some people wouldn't be happy with this type of repair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sorry as that is not so. I wiped out that exact spot. How did the Body Shop restore it? I have the same color car and was amazed what really can be buffed out. Yes I still see some scratches but all the white part is gone, and the scratches blend in with the Car. I was thrilled for $40. The Body Shop owner told me some people wouldn't be happy with this type of repair.
Sorry, but it was me and my white Sonata that scratched your car. I was too busy looking in the mirror combing my hair when I bumped into you. I can send you an autographed picture, with me on the hood. Would you like that? Duh, of course!

V3.3

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry, but it was me and my white Sonata that scratched your car. I was too busy looking in the mirror combing my hair when I bumped into you. I can send you an autographed picture, with me on the hood. Would you like that? Duh, of course!

V3.3
You didn't do it V33 but I would like to race you just the same? Pick anywhere, I don't even care if its a crowded Street. I like to have people watching!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.