Sonata Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...excited to be a new member to this forum!!! I am a former Dodge Charger RT owner that suddenly had some mechanical issues that became to expensive to maintain. After 8 1/2 years and only 65k miles it was no longer worth sinking additional money into her so I had to say my final goodbyes over the weekend...it was a bittersweet weekend to say the least.

I traded in my 2006 340 HP HEMI for the new 2014 4 banger Turbo Sonata!!! My wife has a 2011 Tucson and we have absolutely loved that car so as soon as I started seeing these bad boys driving around I had to have one!!!

So far so good, I cannot wait to see what people do to these cars on this forum! I was an active member on chargerforums.com and spent alot of time making my car my own...hopefully I will be able to do the same here and share my results as I go.

Cheers,

Black Turbo

·
Registered
374 Posts
welcome to the forum.
I bet you must be missing all the horsepower and torque you had in the Charger but definitely not the gas mileage that came with it ;)

Would you ever go back to a V8 sedan?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the forum.
I bet you must be missing all the horsepower and torque you had in the Charger but definitely not the gas mileage that came with it ;)

Would you ever go back to a V8 sedan?
Hey SonataFan...I certainly miss the HP and Tourque...My Charger was such a fun car to drive!

I am already noticing close to twice the gas mileage right now though so I suppose its not all that bad. Even though my new Sonata doesn't have the tourque or HP it certainly has some giddy up!!!

Looking forward to making it my own soon!!!

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Welcome aboard Black Turbo! I have a 2013 SE Turbo that I really enjoy! Doing some mods here and there with more on the Horizon. Yes indeed, I understand the change in horsepower. I used to have a '69 Ford Fairlane Fastback with a 428 Cobra Jet engine. She was dynoed at 650 HP. It was my around town show car. However, she got 7 mpg. I guess you gotta pay to play! Ha! I plan on installing an Injen Ram Intake in my Turbo sometime. Again welcome to the forums !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey SonataFan...I certainly miss the HP and Tourque...My Charger was such a fun car to drive!

I am already noticing close to twice the gas mileage right now though so I suppose its not all that bad. Even though my new Sonata doesn't have the tourque or HP it certainly has some giddy up!!!

Looking forward to making it my own soon!!!

Thanks,
Although you had to give up a lot of great HP and TQ, at least you can find ways to like the Sonata, so many things to list about it.
What made you want to go with a Sonata over all the other sedans you could have picked from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although you had to give up a lot of great HP and TQ, at least you can find ways to like the Sonata, so many things to list about it.
What made you want to go with a Sonata over all the other sedans you could have picked from?
My wife has a Tucson and for some reason the newer Sonata's always stood out! To be 100% honest I didn't even look at another car...I suppose it was meant to be!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have pictures of your old and new rides?

Nick C.
Thanks Nick!!! I do have pictures of my old one on my computer...but I am in Las Vegas right now and don't have it with me! I need to get the new one cleaned up and then I will take some good pictures for ya!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome aboard black turbo!
any preliminary plans or its all fly by fire from here? ;)
I bought the black on black version and I had the same with my Charger. My first plan is to remove the Sonata, Limited, & 2.0T badges. I also want to black out the "H" on the trunk and the front grill.

After that, 5% tint all the way around...

As soon as I get the chance (and a car wash) I will post some pics of the old & new ride!

·
Registered
374 Posts
My wife has a Tucson and for some reason the newer Sonata's always stood out! To be 100% honest I didn't even look at another car...I suppose it was meant to be!!!
Now that is awesome.
I guess if you found everything you want in a car, the journey to look for the ideal car stops.
Honda and Toyota do have some nice competitors but their designs just aren't as appealing IMO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts