Sonata Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! I'm in the market for a new car, and I love the styling of the Sonata. I'm a big guy (6'2" 300+) and was wondering how roomy the driver seat is. I haven't been able to sit in one yet due to a back injury. So, my question is, how roomy/comfortable is the Sonata? I've been trying to do some research online to narrow down my options for when I can get out to do some test drives, but I have yet to see any talk of a fat tall guy can fit behind the wheel comfortably. If it helps for comparison, I have plenty of room in my 2001 Impala and 2004 Malibu Maxx.

Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
You should find it similar to the Impala in size. It's classified under a full-size car due to the interior capacity... only thing to do is try it out.

Link

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should find it similar to the Impala in size. It's classified under a full-size car due to the interior capacity... only thing to do is try it out.

Link
Yeah, I will have to try it obviously, but since I can't even sit down currently, it will have to wait until my back is fixed up. The link you provided is fantastic, thank you!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've been in the Impala's quite often since they are used as cabs where I live and even the Impala isn't all that spacious. The Sonata is about the same, I actually feel as if i have more space in the Sonata, might be how the interior is layed out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am 6'7" and around 220 and find that I have to move the seat forward a little, as when it is all the way back I still have trouble reaching the steering wheel comfortably.
Very spacious car so much so in fact that I can still sit behind the driver seat when set in my driving position without my knees touching the back of the drivers chair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts