Sonata Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/gals, new member here just wanting to share some interior updates done to my 2010 sonata.
LED kit (incl. front map lights and dome light) bought from Korea.
No modifications needed, excellent fit and quality and VERY bright..sometimes can be TOO bright at times.

LED's installed with the cover off of the map lights:

Close up of right side map lights:

Assembly screwed back together and lights on:

I'll answer any questions the best I can. Hope you enjoy!
Oh and I plan on taking some pictures in both day and night with the lights on and off to help show the difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Installed:

With cover:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Where did you find that kit? Can you send a link?
Hey, I purchased these while overseas in Seoul. Ill try and look them up when I get home. I bought some at Autozone or Advance before but the fit and brightness weren't to my liking do decided to replace them.

Here is what the old setup looked like. Pretty much a universal kit held up by double sided tape. I think I got it from either Autozone or Advance Auto.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went ahead and replaced the license plate lights as well:

Comparison between LED vanity lights vs. OEM's:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments guys.

jpark & Number43, none of my lights came from a site but a shop
that sells these. If you are really interested in them, I could get a hold of some family members and have then send me a couple kits. Just shoot me a PM if you're really interested.

Also the pics don't seem to capture the colors very well, stupid iPhone. All of them are a PURE white. Later tonight I'll take another one of the plate lights if you want to see a side shot of it. It illuminates the plate, top of rear bumper and even down to the road!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rear profile:

Tints and lights:

·
Registered
14 Posts
NIIICE PIX

KDM, Send me the link on where you got the LED for the Plate lights. Mine are a little bluish, the website doesn't carry pure white.
Hey number 43,

wer you get the blueish 1's i have a silver blue 08 sonata that i think would look nice with those

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hiding the plate tends to get you pulled over a lot faster than if you have them lit.
I have one of those smoked plate covers that was actually a LOT darker than I thought it'd be. With the stock lights, its almost impossible to see the plate but with the LED's its still pretty dark but visible enough to be in front of state troopers AND local police and have even gotten a compliment about the lights from both!

·
Registered
109 Posts
NIIICE PIX

KDM, Send me the link on where you got the LED for the Plate lights. Mine are a little bluish, the website doesn't carry pure white.
Nice lighting upgrade KDM. Number, for "individual" lighting like that, I go to a place out here, but here's their website:

Super Bright LED Car Lights, LED Bulbs, HID Headlights and Accessories

Good inventory and prices! I did an upgrade on my interior GCoupe lighting

and about to go to them for the Sonata, but already have the license plate lights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts