Sonata Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the car at a Carmax in Albuquerque, NM. Originally My wife and I had been looking at the Hyundai Sonatas and planned on buying a new model, but we stopped in at Carmax so we could test-drive a variety of cars (not just Hyundai) before we settled on the make and model we wanted. This particular Sonata was the first one we drove, and nothing else felt as good. We drove the Kia Optima, Nissan Maxima, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, and Ford Fusion. We had originally decided we both liked the Harbor Gray color and would buy one in that color if we could find one new. Carmax had pretty much the exact car on the lot we were looking for, just a couple years older (had low miles though, only 15K) and they had one on the lot with a sunroof, so that was a big plus.

It is a definite plus to have better gas mileage. We were averaging about 21MGP with the Grand Am, and that was with hiway miles being about 2/3 of our commuting. Our first tank averaged 31MPG with the Sonata... :)

Anyway, so far, we are loving it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.