Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just traded my wives SUV in for a 2011 Sonata GLS Base... It's White with 16in wheels and Hub Caps. The Grill is painted white.

Plans are listed below... Let me know if there is anything I might need to look up or try a different route. I have customized a few cars. (latest 2010 Dodge Charger)

Plans...

1. Tinted Windows all Windows--- Appointment already set for Thursday..

2. 18in Machine Faced Wheels with 235/40/18's
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=MD16809BMF&wheelMake=moda&wheelModel=MD16&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&showRear=no&autoMake=Hyundai&autoModel=Sonata&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=GLS&filterFinish=Machined+Face&filterSize=18&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

3. Removed Badges and Pinstripe.

4. Add low profile rear Spoiler
http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=spoiler-yf_3__3&cate=012101000

5. Add Rear Diffuser
http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=diffuser_4&cate=012101000

6. Painted Top Black and leave the shark fin white.

7.Maybe Tint Tails and Headlights slightly..???

8. Roof Spoiler
Shark Racing

9. Mudflaps
Shark Racing

10. Front Spoiler
Shark Racing

11. Fog lights with LED's
Shark Racing

12. Drop Springs 1.25-1.5in D2Racing. (I'd go coil-overs like I did on my Charger, but this is on a tighter budget)

13... And last will be Fake Dual Exhaust... I'll just have them Y it off behind the Muffler and add another Reso to the new side.. Or find a used stock set up from someone else.

The Goal is to make it look a little more sporty, but kind of luxury in a way. I think the Roof painted black with dark tinted windows. That chrome strip under the windows to the front fenders will really pop. The Door handles on ours is painted white. Which I like as well. For the look I want. The chrome door handles I think would break the flow of the body lines.

I was thinking of replacing the Grill, but I can't find any I really like. I thought it had a Chrome grill already. But I like the fact that it doesn't and it's painted White With just a little chrome around it.

The Sonata is the Wives Car... Mine car is this Charger...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I'm going to try and keep all this under $2000.00... Since I get Paint Free and I can Paint and install most myself. I can save a ton...

Window Tint... $150
Wheels/Tires Package $1000
Debadge - FREE
Rear Spoiler $290 (but think I can find one cheaper)
Rear Diffuser $195 (Might find one cheaper)
Painted Roof - FREE
Drop Springs - $150
Exhaust Tips - $80
Exhaust Shop Fee - $50-$100
------------------------------------
Grand Total is $1915.00

Not to bad if I say so myself...

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks, it's the wife's car. we've owned a Dodge since 2006. started with my Neon R/T, then we got the Charger, then i traded the Neon for a Dakota R/T, then a year later traded that for an Avenger R/T. then again one year later traded the Avenger in for the Sonata...did i say i like R/Ts :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Window Tint... $150---DONE
Wheels/Tires Package $1000
Debadge ----DONE
Removed PinStripe----DONE
Rear Spoiler $52 -Ebay with Free Shipping
Rear Diffuser $195 (Might find one cheaper)
Painted Roof - FREE
Drop Springs - $150
Exhaust Tips - $80
Exhaust Shop Fee - $50-$100

1 - 7 of 7 Posts