Sonata Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day, just here to say the Sonata is a great car, have owned 3 other Hyundia's in the past, last one a Santa Fe, traded because of gas mileage.
One complaint, the pass. side seat is to low.
Hope Hyundia comes up with a fix.

Ed from IL.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Welcome to the forums. It's good to have you with us!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Seat height blocks...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Does anyone know if the seat kit is approved by any safety std's
Ed
Ed, Being that the Kit is not affiliated with either Hyundai or Kia I would venture to say no. I believe any modification to seat mounting hardware unless approved by the vehicle manufacturer or "some" governing body of the like removes safety standards. Who that governing body or organization would be, clueless here. :confused:

For those considering this mod I would also consider insurance risks in case of an accident. You could be on the hook for a relative or friend for a great deal of money when the insurance company denies a claim and your stuck with medical or loss of life costs.

Far fetched I know but something to consider. My apologies to the builder of this kit if those scenarios have been considered, and proper guidelines followed in the manufacture process. :eek:

Ed, Welcome by the way!!! :D:D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.