Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've just inherited a 2011 Sonata, and I'm pretty sure it's the most base model possible. What can I do to update the way it looks a bit? I noticed that some sonatas have chrome door pulls, HIDs, LEDs, etc. I'd like to do some things to update the look a bit, but not spend too much doing it. What are your suggestions?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just a few hundred bucks for now.
Not sure what modifications you like, I like to maintain a clean true to OEM look and nothing that's "rice"

I would suggest you start with HID's. 6000k - 8000k is a good range. A good set of HID's should run you $80-100.

Next up are LED lights, I would change ALL of them. Interior and Exterior. It's AMAZING at the difference it makes

·
Registered
11 Posts
On youtube, there's a video that shows how-to install HID lights,
fog lights (which I think your Sonata may or may not have).
There's a video on how to install LED interior lights. This is there website- www.precisionled.com
Another video shows how to install LED lighting in the cup holders.
Looks awesome.
SInce yours is may or may not be a Limited model, you can overlay a chrome grille like those on the Limited models.
Finally, another video I came across is they illuminate the red lense that is on the trunk, normally these are not lit up. Looks nice too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=nwwCRkZxnsM
What I did to accessorize mine is added the chrome pillars, silver pinstripe and chrome door edge guards for now. I'll attach picture.

Next will be to order an LED interior package from website I mentioned. I'm going to install an LED strip to illuminate rear license plate better, that I bought here locally.
Hopefully, you can see the videos...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts