Sonata Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone. Brand new to Hyundai and the foreign market as well. I just got a 2012 Sonata limited. Very first foreign vehicle ever purchased. So far very happy with the Sonata.
I got the limited so it has pretty much every option that is available. I drove the 2011 sonata hybrid which I was really looking to buy and didn't really like the way it drove. I then drove the 2012 sonata turbo and liked that one, but thought of gas consumption (I got a heavy right foot). Soo I got the 2.4. I figure a few performance upgrades and I would be just fine.
Looking forward to getting tips from the people on the site down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am the owner of a 2012 Sonata Hybrid. It is sure different driving a new technology car such as this. Takes a while to get use to it. When warmer weather arrives hopefully the mileage will go up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the 2011 Sonata Hybrid in January, 2012 and am very disappointed with the hesitation I am experiencing with acceleration, almost bogs down AND also not getting the around town milage they promised. Only averaging 28 mpg per tank and I figure it the old fashioned way dividing gallons into miles driven to check if the car reading is right. I'm not a new hybrid owner ... traded in a Camry hybrid which never disappointed at 35-40 mpg each gas fill. Bought the Sonata based on research and design. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NEW to Hyundai - Brand NEW 2012 Sonata

I had a Toyota "MAN TRUCK - GAS HOG" Tundra previously, and simply went to "look" at the Sonata - I loved the new body style and wanted to see it up close and personal. Two hours later, I'm a proud owner and LOVE this car...not only for the looks, but gas mileage and sound system (my kids favorite too!!!) The week I got mine, a friend purchased a BMW for two times the cost and my Hyundai looks, feels and rides better... NO REGRETS!!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts