Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! I live here in the North Bay and I'm a proud owner of a 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS in Indigo Blue. I traded in my 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec for her. Basically I financed way too much negative equity with the GenCoupe that it made more sense to trade her in for a lease.

So far I love the the Sonata. It's weird for me to go from a manual (all I've ever owned) to an automatic, but I'm getting used to it. It's a great feeling car with decent acceleration, I really like the fit and finish.

Here are some quick pics I snapped with my (crappy) cell phone:

I didn't realize it until after I bought it, but under low lighting it gives off a deep dark blue/purple hue. That's okay though, I'm man enough to roll with it :p

I will admit however, that I have a modding addiction. Part of the reason I bought this car was to help me out and not mod EVERYTHING. Since it's a lease, hopefully that'll stop me somewhat :) Once I've paid down my credit card balances (which were caused by my modding addiction) I plan on saving up for very minor mods that I can easily replace with OEM parts. I inspected the stock exhaust and while it looks pretty decent. I think it could take advantage with a bullet type resonator and a muffler with less sound resonation. I also see there's some cool LED tail lights and Spyder Auto makes a set of CCFL angel eyes headlights for it. Other than that, it's remaining stock! I swear!

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, here is my previous car:

Sorry for the long winded introduction! I hope to learn more about that Sonata and meet great people :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
welcome to the forum. thats quite a change in cars. from a really fun 3.8 RWD manual trans car to a cool mid-sized sedan! You must be missing all the fun you had in the GenCoupe :(

although your mods to the Sonata seems like they will be simple i would like to see them once there done, i like what you did with the Genesis!

what other cars have you owned in the past?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the forum. thats quite a change in cars. from a really fun 3.8 RWD manual trans car to a cool mid-sized sedan! You must be missing all the fun you had in the GenCoupe :(

although your mods to the Sonata seems like they will be simple i would like to see them once there done, i like what you did with the Genesis!

what other cars have you owned in the past?
Haha yes and no. I loved all the power and the driving dynamic of the GenCoupe but I don't miss the fact that it was a total cop magnet and always resulted in fix-it tickets :p

Honestly the Sonata can hold it's own. To me, 200hp is nothing to sneeze at. When I took the Sonata out for my first test drive, we took it down some twisties and had a good time. I've only owned manuals all my life, so using the Shiftronic was a little confusing at first but it was still enjoyable. At one point I didn't even realize that I was going 90 :p Sure the car has a lot of body roll, but that's to be expected.

I will definitely keep everyone posted with mods, I secretly did some research (behind my girlfriend's back) and found the OEM LED tail lights...zOMG! They're sexy!!!! I was definitely drooling. They cost a pretty penny but that's to be expected with OEM LED lights. I'll post some videos once I get the exhaust modified.

Since you asked for "the list" here it is:

1980 Volvo 242DL (bright fire engine red 2-door Volvo FTW!)
1989 BMW E30 325is
2004 Ford Mustang V6
2008 Mini Cooper
1992 BMW E34 535i
2000 BMW E39 M5
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Base
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec
2013 Hyundai YF Sonata :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very sexy! I'm really liking the body on the Sonata!

Thanks for the welcome :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lowering it with BBS reps really improved how it looks by far. Too bad there weren't more people modding this generation of Sonata's.
Indeed. Unfortunately I won't be one of the people modding my Sonata :( I'll change out the intake and exhaust, but that's about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts