Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is the psi measure the same when you have Nitrogen filled tires vs Compressed air filled?? Few friends told me their is a difference. thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is the psi measure the same when you have Nitrogen filled tires vs Compressed air filled?? Few friends told me their is a difference. thanks
There is no difference in how you measure pressurized gas/vapor. Pounds per square inch (PSI) is fine.

FYI: roughly 78% of air is Nitrogen.

source 1, 2

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nitrogen just seems to be another way of making you have to pay to get your tires filled up with nitrogen. Air is fine..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why Nitrogen is better??

The blah blah selling point of nitrogen filled tires is that nitrogen molecules are larger resulting in less leakage from tires. I saw a post that gave another advantage - nitrogen is drier than most sources of compressed air. This is an important fact in that TPMSs are sussestable to moisture induced corosion, nitrogen maybe cheaper than new TPMS sensor?

·
Registered
130 Posts
The blah blah selling point of nitrogen filled tires is that nitrogen molecules are larger resulting in less leakage from tires. I saw a post that gave another advantage - nitrogen is drier than most sources of compressed air. This is an important fact in that TPMSs are sussestable to moisture induced corosion, nitrogen maybe cheaper than new TPMS sensor?
that does make sense. first part I won't care much about but about TPMS's being prone to moisture from compressed air is a valid point. TPMS's are NOT cheap.

Will have to do more research into this to see how quick it can corrode

1 - 7 of 7 Posts