Sonata Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, I've just finished replacing the steering coupler on my daughter's 2011 Sonata (key rather than button) and now have :(crank/no start and can't shift out of Park condition.

While trying to wrestle the column back up I knocked a small "U shaped" piece of plastic out of somewhere and can't find where it came from (may or may not be related).

Guessing that I've activated the anti theft feature somehow but not sure where to start looking.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, the ignition switch does not appear to get signal from the key (indicator light with car/key logo never comes on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Final update:
Got the Sonata into the dealer this morning, the issue was a loose connector on a module in the engine compartment (behind the front bumper he said) which is completely unrelated to anything I was doing under the dash, just my luck I guess.

In any case, dealers frequently get a bad rap on most forums but I have to say that Ganley Hyundai here in Cleveland deserves a shout out. They found and fixed the issue, applied two recalls and had me on the road in less than 6 hours.
Even with a 7 year old Sonata with 143,600 miles, they treated me like a new car customer. Well done Matt and crew.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts