Sonata Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai just unwrapped the 2015 Sonata in South Korea and its basically everything we already expected. Its nice to be right isn't it ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I really like how the new sonata looks, it's more along the lines of a premium luxury sedan which is a good direction to go here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unimpressed With Power Train Options

I own a 2009 Sonata GL with their marvelous 3.3 liter V6. Best car I've ever owned. The V6 is NOT just about power but smoothness and refinement.

I was disappointed when the V6 was dropped as an option in 2011 and replaced by a 2.0 liter turbo. I know that engine makes more power but that's not the point. The stresses on that engine have to be extreme in comparison to the previous V6 which lazily loafs along and delivers amazing fuel economy for an essentially 250 horsepower vehicle of this weight.

Now I see that they've dropped the 2.0 liter turbo for 2015 and also that the power of their 2.4 liter 4 cylinder has also gone down. This is progress????

The 2015 Sonata looks O.K. but even Chrysler's new 200 has retained a V6 option, along with Honda and Toyota. In the REAL world, the fuel economy of such vehicles is actually on par with (if not better) than a stressed out 4 banger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts