Sonata Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own a 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS. Everything with the vehicle is fine until November of 2015. I noticed that the passenger side is blowing cold air when it should be blowing hot air. The driver side is fine. I thought it was a thermostat issue. At first I didn't change it until I noticed that the temperature gauge was acting up and realized that my thermostat was stuck open which made the engine over cooled. Once I replace the thermostat, I thought it would solve the issue with the passenger side blowing cold air but it did not. Basically its not a heater core issue, blend door is fine, the hoses that runs to and from the radiator to the firewall is fine and the one that runs to the water pump is good. Is anybody going through the situation I am going through. I closed the passenger vents so only the driver side blows hot air. Its an annoying problem. I know the dealer can fix it but they want an arm and leg and it seems like I may be forced to take it to get it fixed. May cost a few hundred to a thousand dollars which I want to avoid paying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I own a 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS. Everything with the vehicle is fine until November of 2015. I noticed that the passenger side is blowing cold air when it should be blowing hot air. The driver side is fine. I thought it was a thermostat issue. At first I didn't change it until I noticed that the temperature gauge was acting up and realized that my thermostat was stuck open which made the engine over cooled. Once I replace the thermostat, I thought it would solve the issue with the passenger side blowing cold air but it did not. Basically its not a heater core issue, blend door is fine, the hoses that runs to and from the radiator to the firewall is fine and the one that runs to the water pump is good. Is anybody going through the situation I am going through. I closed the passenger vents so only the driver side blows hot air. Its an annoying problem. I know the dealer can fix it but they want an arm and leg and it seems like I may be forced to take it to get it fixed. May cost a few hundred to a thousand dollars which I want to avoid paying.
I am having this same issue over the last year with my 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. I brought it in at the beginning of the year and they didn't believe the passenger side temp fell below the normal limits of the temperature that was supposed to come out. I brought it back within a month and they finally agreed it was a problem. They replaced the thermostat under warranty. Within a month I was still having the same problem. They said the thermostat was stuck "open" and possibly a failed part. They replaced thermostat again under warranty. Within the last week I started noticing the same issue around the same time of a coolant leak. They traced the coolant leak back to an inlet valve at the thermostat and replaced that, under warranty. They assured me the passenger side was now pumping out "nice and hot" air. I drove the car over an hour to work after picking it up, and the passenger side is still cold. When I picked up my car, the inner cabin air ciculation button was on (I don't usally do that as I prefer to circulate fresh air than the air in the car), and so I am assuming if they tested it this way, it would be forced to pump out warm air because that's all it's getting out of the cabin. I am beyond frustrated and don't even know where to go from here. Did you have any resolve to your issue eabellard88?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having this same issue over the last year with my 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. I brought it in at the beginning of the year and they didn't believe the passenger side temp fell below the normal limits of the temperature that was supposed to come out. I brought it back within a month and they finally agreed it was a problem. They replaced the thermostat under warranty. Within a month I was still having the same problem. They said the thermostat was stuck "open" and possibly a failed part. They replaced thermostat again under warranty. Within the last week I started noticing the same issue around the same time of a coolant leak. They traced the coolant leak back to an inlet valve at the thermostat and replaced that, under warranty. They assured me the passenger side was now pumping out "nice and hot" air. I drove the car over an hour to work after picking it up, and the passenger side is still cold. When I picked up my car, the inner cabin air ciculation button was on (I don't usally do that as I prefer to circulate fresh air than the air in the car), and so I am assuming if they tested it this way, it would be forced to pump out warm air because that's all it's getting out of the cabin. I am beyond frustrated and don't even know where to go from here. Did you have any resolve to your issue eabellard88?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get a resolution to this problem. I'm having the same problem with my 2013 sonata limited and I have seen so many different post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts