Sonata Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 sonata GLS trim. I had my last oil change in January, 2021 with the manufacturer recommended full synthetic. I found out that the engine oil was below dipstick minimum level after 850 miles. I went to check up with mechanic and he stated that the motor oil was burning. The mechanic there told me about his experience with GDI engines with the same issue in the past. He recommended me to take the car to a dealership to get inspected and fix or replace under warranty. So I took my car to the dealership's service center immediately. There, I was told that PCV valve has to be replaced since it is causing the issue. The technician also mentioned that the PCV valve will have replaced out of pocket since it is considered as maintenance rather than warranty. He showed me the dealer manual and told me to do another oil change after valve replacement and visit them every 1000 miles to see if oil burns, of course everything out of my pocket. I understand that dealers have to follow their dealer manual from Hyundai and they have nothing to do. However, I feel very uncomfortable and unfair about powertrain matter not being replaced under warranty even though I am a first owner with an extended warranty. I find it very unreasonable to pay it with my own money while having extended warranty and I want to talk directly to Hyundai rather than dealing with dealers. I look forward to hear back from somebody in Hyundai anytime soon.

Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts