Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POWER AXEL SONATA AND GDI LINEUP UPDATE
by [email protected] on 7/22/2011, 3:26 pm
I just got word this morning (7-22-11) that we have successfully tuned a 2.0t Sonata(YF) and GDI Sonata in Korea. We will be getting the software in the coming month of so to test and tune stateside. We will be the only one of our kind to offer this product (so far). I will contact the mods to make the PowerAxel account here a vendor account to be fair and respectful to other vendors on here.

Modified post entry: 12/27/11

The stock dyno'd at 238hp 237 tq on a dyno jet.
tune 1: 267hp 256tq
tune 2: 269 hp 258 tq
tune 3 272hp 263tq

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We will be selling a PowerX module type setup no need to send in for reflash like the 3.8 genesis coupe. It will most likly be similar to our Gencoupe module for the 2.0t with three different setting to choose from. Bare in mind each tune takes 24-48hrs to completely settle on the ECU. Im not 100% on the numbers yet guys in Korea should be asleep right now but I will post as soon as they email me. Honestly you will only be able to switch probably 3 different tunes just like what we have currently for the Genesis Coupe 2.0t. The Genesis 3.8 requires we have people send in the ECU because we couldn't get much support from the crowd
We still get a lot of inquiries about that but maybe with the update of the GDI the V6 will get some love, but just don't hold me too it until we get Official word from our tuning company in Korea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts