Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Gls. The frame was replaced under warranty. They didn't secure the bolts that attach the power steering rack. They are gone! Can anybody tell me what size bolts I need? Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just go to your local hyundai dealership and find the parts counter. they can look up the exact part and it will be cheap like maybe 80 cents or so lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Since it was replaced under warranty shouldn't you go back to complain?

A steering rack bolt is a pretty serious matter..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the reply. I called the parts dept of the dealership that performed the service. They said they didn't know what size bolts it took. They said they could order the bolts given the vin # I thought it would be easier for me to put in the two bolts rather than tow it there, or wait a week for two freakin bolts that they obviously didn't tighten properly! Another dealership gave me the same answer. I can't understand that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found that 14mm x150 175 pitch works. I was elated when I got the bottom bolt in.(tight fit) However, the top bolt hole is stripped! Explains why that one fell out. I'm wondering if Hyundai will give me a hard time about fixing it for free! I can only get a hand wrench on the bolt, so they would have to realize it would be almost impossible for me to strip it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I found that 14mm x150 175 pitch works. I was elated when I got the bottom bolt in.(tight fit) However, the top bolt hole is stripped! Explains why that one fell out. I'm wondering if Hyundai will give me a hard time about fixing it for free! I can only get a hand wrench on the bolt, so they would have to realize it would be almost impossible for me to strip it.
use some lock tite or JB weld, they wont go ANYWHERE. Also find it really funny that your dealerships parts counter couldn't tell you what PART you needed. Jesus, has everyone checked out to lunch?

I used to work at a parts counter for ford, we could find anything with a quick intranet search. That sounds like pure laziness.

Good luck on the fix.

·
Registered
374 Posts
use some lock tite or JB weld, they wont go ANYWHERE. Also find it really funny that your dealerships parts counter couldn't tell you what PART you needed. Jesus, has everyone checked out to lunch?

I used to work at a parts counter for ford, we could find anything with a quick intranet search. That sounds like pure laziness.

Good luck on the fix.
Lock tite works amazingly, just make sure you apply enough. I find that applying it heavy enough that it fill in the gaps in the threads really helps big time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts