Sonata Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to the Hyundai world. Love the car so far. 2013 sonata base model (can't remember trim)

Heres my question. I replaced the license plate bulbs with LED bulbs. I trust the bulbs because I have ordered from this company many times. After installing the bulbs everything seemed fine and looked great. The next morning when I started the car, the license plate bulbs and the passenger tail lamp bulb were not working. I know it's not the bulb because when I flip flop the tail lamp bulbs, they work in the driver side.

I pulled all the fuses that I thought could possibly be linked and no blows. Any idea what could be causing this?

Cliffs:
-Install license plate bulbs
-Work fine
-Next morning the license plate bulbs and passenger tail lamp wont turn on

I really appreciate any feedback.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Brand new to the Hyundai world. Love the car so far. 2013 sonata base model (can't remember trim)

Heres my question. I replaced the license plate bulbs with LED bulbs. I trust the bulbs because I have ordered from this company many times. After installing the bulbs everything seemed fine and looked great. The next morning when I started the car, the license plate bulbs and the passenger tail lamp bulb were not working. I know it's not the bulb because when I flip flop the tail lamp bulbs, they work in the driver side.

I pulled all the fuses that I thought could possibly be linked and no blows. Any idea what could be causing this?

Cliffs:
-Install license plate bulbs
-Work fine
-Next morning the license plate bulbs and passenger tail lamp wont turn on

I really appreciate any feedback.
Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear about the problem. I just installed license plate LEDs in my 2013 Sonata SE and haven't had any problems. Maybe unscrew the license plate lamp housing closest to the passenger tail light first, turn on the lights then turn and twist the housing to see if there is a short and flickering of the tail. Then if there are no results try the other license plate light housing and try the same thing. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. No luck on the flickering. It seems there is just no power getting to those three bulbs. Signals and back up lights work fine.

What fuse controls these lights? Although I do find it hard to believe there would be a fuse that controls just those 3 lights.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you bought the car new????????? Put your old bulbs back in and take it to the dealer being it's a 2013 it will be cover, if you still have them, if not buy the ones that belong,,,,,,, Then again those bulbs could just be bad did you check them, did you check them with an Ohm meter,

Good Luck, Welcome to the Forum

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Thanks for the reply. No luck on the flickering. It seems there is just no power getting to those three bulbs. Signals and back up lights work fine.

What fuse controls these lights? Although I do find it hard to believe there would be a fuse that controls just those 3 lights.
Do you have a voltmeter to measure the voltage at the socket?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem. LED license plate lights, one started flickering so I checked the connection & now the license plate lights and passenger side tail light doesn't work. Brake light and turn signal works however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts