Sonata Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

New here. Currently awaiting the title to ship on a 2011 Sonata Limited (Fully loaded, 20k miles) I will be purchasing. Wanted to get a head start in the forum.

I've always found no matter how much you look online and at dealers your best chance at information and help is always through forums like these!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well welcome aboard! Congrats on ordering your 2011 Sonata. Make sure to show us a picture once you get it in. What color did you get?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Welcome to the forums. We are so glad to have you with us. When you get your 2011 Sonata, you'll have to take a few photos and share them with us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's Harbor Gray. Fully loaded. Heated front AND rear seats, I'm sure you guys are used to that but I was blown away when I saw that. Never heard of that.

I'll admit this car wasn't a first choice but for the price and the massive amount of options included, I just couldn't turn it down. Took it for a ride and fell in love, hopefully it lives up to that.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
It's Harbor Gray. Fully loaded. Heated front AND rear seats, I'm sure you guys are used to that but I was blown away when I saw that. Never heard of that.

I'll admit this car wasn't a first choice but for the price and the massive amount of options included, I just couldn't turn it down. Took it for a ride and fell in love, hopefully it lives up to that.
I understand guy. I have a 2013 Sonata SE 2.0 Turbo Harbor Gray, fully loaded, heated seats, Nav System, etc. First car I have had with those many options. They will spoil you! Again, Welcome aboard!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts

Welcome aboard! Mine wasn't my first choice either but I couldn't be happier with this car. Mine is a lease, but I am 99% sure I will be buying it out if they don't gouge me too much!

I was just saying to my girl this morning how I have had many cars, but not many that make me want to keep driving, and that's exactly what this Sonata does for me. I never want to stop driving it. I have a feeling that it will surpass all of your expectations. Enjoy it and Congrats!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe it or not, still waiting on the title. It's getting pretty absurd. The loan is signed and insurance set up.

According to the dealership the title is in Texas currently (the vehicle was a previous lease and the leasing office is there). Apparently due to the ice storms down there they are having trouble getting someone to locate it. I swear if the salesman wasn't a family friend I would think this was all a big joke.

To make things even worse they told me 'maybe' Friday; my area is supposed to get up to a foot of snow Saturday. Wow.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Believe it or not, still waiting on the title. It's getting pretty absurd. The loan is signed and insurance set up.

According to the dealership the title is in Texas currently (the vehicle was a previous lease and the leasing office is there). Apparently due to the ice storms down there they are having trouble getting someone to locate it. I swear if the salesman wasn't a family friend I would think this was all a big joke.

To make things even worse they told me 'maybe' Friday; my area is supposed to get up to a foot of snow Saturday. Wow.
Hang in there guy... That weather is delaying all kinds of stuff including items that have been purchased for Christmas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still no title. Hyundai Financing down in TX shut down for a week apparently due to the ice storm. Somewhat understandable but still annoying.

They promised the title would arrive at dealership Monday 12/16. Monday comes around, nothing. They tell the dealership they actually aren't sure where it is. They think they shipped it out but they can't find a tracking number and told them to "assume it is lost."

Basically dealership was forced to apply for a duplicate title which is AT LEAST a week not counting any delay that XMAS may now cause. This is so ridiculous, I signed all the papers on 12/5. Yesterday I was able to get the dealership to provide a rental free-of-charge pending delivery so that I wouldn't have to drive my old car around which I technically already traded in. They are also going to pay off the first months payment on the loan.

I don't think I've ever heard of so much going wrong. Ugh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts