Sonata Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presently have a 2004 Sonata. I will be purchasing a 2014 Limited when they come out or possibly a 2013 Limited. How does the Start function work using the Bluelink App on a IPhone? What kind of delay is there when locking, unlocking and starting the car? How do the other functions work?

Thank You

Johnskis

·
Registered
21 Posts
New member/owner myself but I have a '13 Limited and tried out my bluelink app yesterday. I have an android phone and started my car with it. Open the app, login to your car, push the start button on the phones screen and it says it's processing the request, your car will start within 2 minutes. I also got an email warning letting me know the car was started at 'x' time on 'x' day. I haven't tired to lock/unlock the car but I'd imagine the delay would be the same in order to process the request.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm loving the car, still getting used to it and learning new things about it daily. I'm amazed at how precise the GPS is with pinpointing location and exact timing for a turn.
As for an update with blue link..... I tried it out this morning while getting ready for work. Car fired up in less than 30 seconds, need to read up on it though and see if I can change some settings. All my blinkers kept flashing the whole time until I got into the car 10 minutes later, would like to shut that off if possible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm loving the car, still getting used to it and learning new things about it daily. I'm amazed at how precise the GPS is with pinpointing location and exact timing for a turn.
As for an update with blue link..... I tried it out this morning while getting ready for work. Car fired up in less than 30 seconds, need to read up on it though and see if I can change some settings. All my blinkers kept flashing the whole time until I got into the car 10 minutes later, would like to shut that off if possible.
Sad to say but it isn't possible. One dark morning after I did a remote start my neighbor from across the street called to tell me something set off my cars alarm. Lol what a pain. Since the application tells you if the start request was successful or if it failed any kind of visual signal from the car is not really necessary but Hyundai does not give any options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts