Sonata Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dark smoked WeatherTech rain deflectors arrived today, so if it's not raining this weekend, I'll get them installed. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
sweet. post up some photos when you get it installed.

the weathertechs are usually pretty easy to install.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet. post up some photos when you get it installed.

the weathertechs are usually pretty easy to install.
Will do! I put them on my other Sonata and loved them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
thats a pretty hefty price for window visors...i paid $50 for them on eBay...i just want to be able to crack my windows when i'm at work since i live in hot, humid florida!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a pretty hefty price for window visors...i paid $50 for them on eBay...i just want to be able to crack my windows when i'm at work since i live in hot, humid florida!
I understand Rich... For my white Sonata I looked and looked for a set that I liked. A friend has WeatherTechs on his car and I like the low profile look, the in-channel design, plus WeatherTech's reputation. For me, it's worth the extra expense to get what I like. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I understand Rich... For my white Sonata I looked and looked for a set that I liked. A friend has WeatherTechs on his car and I like the low profile look, the in-channel design, plus WeatherTech's reputation. For me, it's worth the extra expense to get what I like. :)
i have always been against the in channel design...i dont know why.

i went with an in channel on my 04 accord and for some reason, i dont know why, but after i put them in, it somehow shifted my windows and then my whole tint job looked horrible because part of the window wasn't tinted anymore towards the front, you could see the light gap where it was and wasn't tinted.....i'll stick with my 3M double side tape....yours still look good....to each his own :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have always been against the in channel design...i dont know why.

i went with an in channel on my 04 accord and for some reason, i dont know why, but after i put them in, it somehow shifted my windows and then my whole tint job looked horrible because part of the window wasn't tinted anymore towards the front, you could see the light gap where it was and wasn't tinted.....i'll stick with my 3M double side tape....yours still look good....to each his own :D:D:D
WOW Rich... Sorry to hear that buddy. I guess I was very fortunate with mine. Going out in a few minutes to install mine. I'll post some pics when I'm finished. :)

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My WeatherTech window deflectors are installed and they look great!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
And another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Rain Quards...

And another pic
TB, Although I've never been a fan of the looks, these look great! Nice job and I now am giving them consideration. :) Dang! These forums are killer on my wallet... credit cards actually. Thanks TB!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TB, Although I've never been a fan of the looks, these look great! Nice job and I now am giving them consideration. :) Dang! These forums are killer on my wallet... credit cards actually. Thanks TB!
LOL Jon... Sorry about that guy. I personally like the low profile look rather than the bulbous look of some other brands.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Rain quards...

LOL Jon... Sorry about that guy. I personally like the low profile look rather than the bulbous look of some other brands.
TB, Yes the low profile look is what I noticed right away and was especially appealing to me. Who was your provider? Great picture by the way. They blend right into the profile and the trim.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
TB, Yes the low profile look is what I noticed right away and was especially appealing to me. Who was your provider? Great picture by the way. They blend right into the profile and the trim.
Hi Jon... I purchased them directly from WeatherTech. I called them and placed the order after I took a look at them on their website at weathertech.com. Mine are the dark tint. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
171 Posts
WeatherTech...

Hi Jon... I purchased them directly from WeatherTech. I called them and placed the order after I took a look at them on their website at weathertech.com. Mine are the dark tint. I hope this helps.
Thanks! Registered for an account and checked the protection package for the mats, cargo liner & darker tinted vents.

An easy and also very useful "mod" with the winter weather right around the corner. Now to get the Blizzak WS70's mounted and I'll be ready to go... and stop! :D

Reactions: Torchbearer

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dark smoked WeatherTech rain deflectors arrived today, so if it's not raining this weekend, I'll get them installed. :)
Have you noticed a increase in highway wind noise with the W/T rain guards, have them on my Subaru outback, and I notice a difference, but they are sharp looking on all cars & trucks.

Just so everyone knows they do have one store in Il.
If you live in the area, no I don't work there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
ugh...just took mine out of the wrapping today (the ebay ones i got) and BOTH of the rear deflectors were cracked!! so mad! had to open a case on ebay...i was so ready to install them today! so much for that! now i have to wait for replacements!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ugh...just took mine out of the wrapping today (the ebay ones i got) and BOTH of the rear deflectors were cracked!! so mad! had to open a case on ebay...i was so ready to install them today! so much for that! now i have to wait for replacements!
WOW Rich... That really stinks! I hope it will be taken care of soon and you'll have a set on your ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a set of 4 on my '11 SE and really liked them. I bought a set for my '13 Limited but had problems with the installation in the rear windows. They had braces that I just couldn't figure out the proper way to install them. I finally put them in without the braces (just tape in channels) but they tended to sag and didn't look right so I removed them.
I have no idea how or why WeatherTech changed the design on the rear's and required the braces. They appear to be identical to the one's I had on my '11 that were easily installed with just the tape and had no problems without braces.

Don

·
Registered
29 Posts
2011 through 2014 the numbers are the same #82532 I've seen those clips on pick-ups. I don't think I would like that either, I was going to order a set not now, Not to be a wise a** did you put them in the right section of the channel, did you buy them from W/T or a other vender? I think I be on the phone.
Dark Smoke # 82532 that # should be on the package!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts