Sonata Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

On my old Dodge Charger the rear badges were just held on with 3M tape but I have heard some cars have the little plastic tabs that stick in to the car as well. It appears the Sonata, Limited, & 2.0T badges are taped and those should be pretty easy to remove but what about the "H" on the grill and the trunk? Does anyone have experience removing these? My plan is to make them black to match the car...

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello all,

On my old Dodge Charger the rear badges were just held on with 3M tape but I have heard some cars have the little plastic tabs that stick in to the car as well. It appears the Sonata, Limited, & 2.0T badges are taped and those should be pretty easy to remove but what about the "H" on the grill and the trunk? Does anyone have experience removing these? My plan is to make them black to match the car...

Thanks!
i think the front has 2 screws behind the grill holding it on. i had my grill off a few months ago but i don't completely remember how it was held on because i just plastidipped the whole thing.

the rear emblem has plastic rivets that go in behind the trunk liner. you would have to take off the trunk liner and i think break the rivets off and probably use some 3m tape again to keep it on. or just order a new emblem, break the old one off and install the new one that you just painted

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks!
I suggest using a hair dryer to heat up the badges before removing them. The "H" emblem does have 2 plastic tabs sticking out of the rear of it. They help center up the emblem during installation. They are not screws or rivets. Etc. They are just tabs that stick through two holes in the trunk. You do not have to remove the trunk liner to remove it. Just be careful when removing the emblem. It will easily break because it is made of thin, cheap plastic. I used a plastic tool that I worked around the emblem while heating it at the same time. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest using a hair dryer to heat up the badges before removing them. The "H" emblem does have 2 plastic tabs sticking out of the rear of it. They help center up the emblem during installation. They are not screws or rivets. Etc. They are just tabs that stick through two holes in the trunk. You do not have to remove the trunk liner to remove it. Just be careful when removing the emblem. It will easily break because it is made of thin, cheap plastic. I used a plastic tool that I worked around the emblem while heating it at the same time. Best of luck to you!
Awesome, thanks for the tips! I'll probably take of the sonata and limited badges this weekend since those will be super easy...I may hold off on the h for now until I know exactly what I want to do with it!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
IMO, removing all the badges but the Hyundai emblem is the best look. It's nice having the Hyundai emblem as it acts like a center piece. If you look at super high end exotic sedan's you'll see they do just this, sedans like the Rolls Royce Phantom and Bentley Mulsanne.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
IMO, removing all the badges but the Hyundai emblem is the best look. It's nice having the Hyundai emblem as it acts like a center piece. If you look at super high end exotic sedan's you'll see they do just this, sedans like the Rolls Royce Phantom and Bentley Mulsanne.
That's exactly what I did... Removed all the superfluous stuff and kept the H on the rear only. I installed a badgeless grill and will do the same with this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts