Sonata Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai will be unveiling the redesigned versions of its Sonata and Genesis sedans in early 2014. The 2015 Sonata will be revealed at the New York Auto Show in April of 2014, while the 2015 Genesis will be unveiled at the North American International Motor Show in Detroit in January.

What may be more exciting to some is the news that the 2015 Genesis has already been revealed at a private event in South Korea. Those lucky enough to be invited to the event got a look at the interior and exterior of the European-spec 2015 Hyundai Genesis G480 HTRAC sedan. The all-new Genesis also receives a new all wheel drive system.

The 2015 Sonata will feature Hyundai's Fluidic Precision design with LED head and tail lights. That info is said to come straight from Hyundai America CEO John Krafcik. Meanwhile, Sonata production has been reduced by 11% this year at its Alabama plant in preparation for the new version of the sedan. The factory will replace that cut with more Elantra production.

What else do you hope to see from the redesigned Hyundai Sonata?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
The Genesis looks good! I also look forward to seeing a good picture of the Sonata without that "camo" all over it. The thing I like about the current look of the Sonata it stands out and is more stylish than the many other vehicles out there that look like they came from the same mold/cookie cutter. I guess they have to do something to keep the interest up and I know the same design of the Sonata has been around for 4 years or so. I just don't want it to look like a Camry, etc. IMHO

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Genesis looks great.

I think that Hyundai may be making the next Sonata more conservative though. This is to appeal more to the S.Korean market. Sadly, I think it may lose some of that uniqueness that sets it apart right now.

·
Administrator
146 Posts
The Genesis looks great.

I think that Hyundai may be making the next Sonata more conservative though. This is to appeal more to the S.Korean market. Sadly, I think it may lose some of that uniqueness that sets it apart right now.
Don't count them out just yet. We have to really wait till the covers come off before jumping to conclusions. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
They did make some changes on the 2014.
1. They change the grill somewhat.:mad:
2. They change the DRL's (it's not automatic any more):mad:
3. The rear quarter panels are different,
4. The added a steering mode, which is nice.
5. The reduce the horsepower.
6. The added two more speakers, sounds nice :)
7. The did something to the (Bluetooth) they added a step or two to make a call.
8.Mirror turn signals are nice.:)
9. Back-up camera.
10. Did a way with fog lights on the GLS.:mad:

I've had it 5 days that's what I have found so far,
Compare, Compare.

Found all these change's from the Base model to Base model 2013 GLS to 2014GLS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts