Sonata Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm trying to install an MPC remote starter and I need to access the CAN1 High (yellow) and CAN1 Low (black) wires which are contained in a 32-pin connector (positions 9 and 10) in the back of the fuse box. I am seriously struggling to get access to the back of this box. Just trying to crawl under the box is not sufficient, I can barely see the connectors let alone get my hands in there. When I unmount the fuse box repositioning it is very limited by the emergency brake and framing members such that I still cannot gain access to the connectors. I attempted to remove the left side framing member but that seems to require the air vent to be removed which seems to require that the dash be removed. This just seems too impractical and I'm hoping there is a better way to access the CAN wires either behind the fuse box or in some other location. Or perhaps I just need some tips on further disassembly to gain access. Is anyone familiar with my issue and able to offer some advice? Thank you.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
6 Posts
Hello all, I'm trying to install an MPC remote starter and I need to access the CAN1 High (yellow) and CAN1 Low (black) wires which are contained in a 32-pin connector (positions 9 and 10) in the back of the fuse box. I am seriously struggling to get access to the back of this box. Just trying to crawl under the box is not sufficient, I can barely see the connectors let alone get my hands in there. When I unmount the fuse box repositioning it is very limited by the emergency brake and framing members such that I still cannot gain access to the connectors. I attempted to remove the left side framing member but that seems to require the air vent to be removed which seems to require that the dash be removed. This just seems too impractical and I'm hoping there is a better way to access the CAN wires either behind the fuse box or in some other location. Or perhaps I just need some tips on further disassembly to gain access. Is anyone familiar with my issue and able to offer some advice? Thank you.
Hi,
Take a look at MyKeyPremium.com they have easy to install plug and play remote starters for Hyundai vehicles, I have one that's incorporated with my keyless remote fob for my 2011 Sonata. It works absolutely great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I'll take a look. I have yet to try again since this past winter with the MPC starter and was hoping not working in freezing cold and snowy weather would help. I'll probably try one more time because I hate to admit defeat. However, I must find a solution even I buy another starter because it was a gift for my daughter. Thanks NBrew.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts