Sonata Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I purchased a 2014 Sonata Limited 2.0T the other day, and I was wondering if there's a way to disable the legal screen that pops up on the navigation. I've been able to do it on other cars in the past, so just curious if anyone has a way to do that.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Hello! I purchased a 2014 Sonata Limited 2.0T the other day, and I was wondering if there's a way to disable the legal screen that pops up on the navigation. I've been able to do it on other cars in the past, so just curious if anyone has a way to do that.

Thanks!
Not that I know of. Have you contacted your dealer and ask them?

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks!
I don't know, either... but I am sure hoping someone here comes up with the solution! ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is it legal to do that? Maybe Hyundai legally has to show that before you use the system. I am just always weary to change something that could become an issue in the case of a crash or something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it legal to do that? Maybe Hyundai legally has to show that before you use the system. I am just always weary to change something that could become an issue in the case of a crash or something.
I'm sure that the reason it pops up is as a CYA thing - there's an attorney somewhere who would love to argue the absence of that in court! But I WOULD love to do without it!!! Let me sign a form that I recognize the danger!! ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definitely hoping that this is something that's possible, or at least not requiring us to have to "agree" to the terms every time we start the car. Lexus is able to do it, whey can't Hyundai allow it too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I'm not the best software engineer, but I do have my hand in programing. If Hyundai won't do this (and I imagine they won't), you have a number of obstacles in your way. Most likely you would need to upload a new firmware version to it. That is AFTER you've figured out how to deconstruct and re-assemble whatever Operating System and related codes it uses to run. Then you have to figure out what component is causing that message to appear and disable it.

All in all, it would be much easier to find a head unit without that warning message (or with at least the option to turn it off manually) then to do everything I said above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I disagree.

I looked through the SD card contents, but nothing stuck out. I can't imagine they didn't give themselves a way to update that legal screen, so one would think the SD card holds the trick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts