Sonata Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up an Ebay bargain from this seller:
EMBLEM, LED Parts items in kspeed-Motors store on eBay!

The wheel is actually quite nice, but as with the stock wheel you have to be gentle with it. For some reason, the backing on the my stock wheel was quite fragile and began to break up. This was a major incentive to replace it. Warranty replacement was a thought, but I really wanted leather.

Details:

You will note the buttons are not the same as our USA models - at least not mine. My phone controls are on the lower left insert and the upper right houses the speed control buttons in my YF. I had to transfer the lower left trim and wiring harness to the new wheel as well as my speed control and phone buttons. No big deal.

The tricky part was the trim piece itself.

1. The retaining tabs are FRAGILE. Remove the blank first and observe the mounting. You've gotta be really careful if you want to re-use the trim from your stock wheel.
  2. There is an alignment post on the inside edge of the trim. The new wheel has the receiving hole offset compared to the one on my wheel. I just snapped off the post and it seems to be holding up just fine as there is also a raised edge there to help secure the trim. Hopefully, the wheel material won't shrink over time...
Broken Tab

Post removed from blank trim for test fit onto old wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have any idea on how to put the trim panels back on? I have replacement ones and I can't get the new ones on. It seems like the control buttons are in the way. Does anyone know how to take the buttons off to place the trim panels back in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have any idea on how to put the trim panels back on? I have replacement ones and I can't get the new ones on. It seems like the control car accessories buttons are in the way. Does anyone know how to take the buttons off to place the trim panels back in.
Hello I have seen that steering wheel earlier. I can't buy new one and need old condition steering. Can you help me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts