Sonata Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a set of RSPEC that I want to put on my 2011 GLS. I have factory suspension so I want to know will the rear rub if I use tire size that rear calls for or do I put 225/40 19 on rear too?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should be fine. If any thing just have some one (who knows how to) roll the rears. I have them on my NF with barely any rub and now the fenders are fitted to the 245/40/19. I'm actually switching to 235/40/19 (give almost identical stretch on the 8.5 as the fronts and closer in height compare to the 245/40) and gonna push out the rears 10mm more to fill the fender ones it's lowered next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I really want to go up a size on front and rear 235/40 up front and 245/40 in the rear to get a little more tire to help prevent curb rash. I am not going to lower the car. I think I can get away with it without any rub but with tires doe expensive I hate to buy them and they dont fit right....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the stock 225/40/19 on the front and the rim proctor actually covers the rim... Well it's not enough to really protect it from driving against the curb but the minor touch its fine lol!!! The 235/40/19 is odd size but will give you the exact profile as the 245/40/19 on the 8.5 and its gonna be chunky enough to protect the incidents here and there. If you run matching REO50 is gonna be pricy but I just check tire rack they got a few brand in that size for less the 200.00 the 245/40/19 best deal is prob Hankooks. Also the Pzero Nero are on sale in both 225/40/19 and 235/40/19 they have bigger rim protector then most tires so its good either size!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're good with the Dremel the rear bumper on the inside where meets the fender . If you trim off the plastic part that looks like its sticking out will keep you from hearing rubbing unless you have a trunk loaded and hit a big dip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I just sold the RSPECS and got a pair of 17in new take offs with TPMS and brand new tires. Thanks for all your guys help. Kind of missing the 19'S now :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should be excellent. If any factor just have some one (who knows how to) move the raises. I have them on my NF with hardly any rub and now the bumpers are fixed to the 245/42/20 . . . . . . . . . . . .

Cheap Car Hire Brisbane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts