Sonata Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2013 Sonata 2.4 Automatic and have been having trouble with my shift Indicator being blank when cranking car, which doesn't allow me to put car in gear and drive. Car cranks fine except for this problem. Has been going on for months and I think it was coincidental it would only happen when really hot outside.

The car has been to the dealership and other shops and noone has any clue what's going on. No codes show up or anything. All electrical recalls have been done and battery has since been replaced.

Today new issue while driving 45mph to get on highway all electrical flashed and all dash lights came on, shift Indicator went blank, steering wheel got slightly tight to turn, a/c felt like the flames of hell and gas mileage started jumping up and down. I took video and at mid point of video you see everything start back up.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on here, I've got no help from dealership and I travel 1 hour on road to work every day and am terrified it's going to do it again and I lose control next time.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When my 2011 indicator was acting up, I replaced the Inhibitor Switch (42700 3B000). It had 123,930 miles on it but the indicator had been doing the disappearing act some miles before (around 122,000+ miles). This solved my problem. As far as your other issues, I don't have an answer for you.

I recommend replacing your inhibitor switch and then see if all the other issues continue. I have first hand experience with the disappearing gear indicator and replacing the inhibitor switch did the trick for my 2011.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Inhibitor Switch (42700 3B000) costs about $30. It's a DIY job. it is located under the battery in the 2011 Sonata. If I recall correctly there is a video posted (don't remember where) on the procedure and I think the part comes with installation instructions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts