Sonata Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I want to replace our 2002 Taurus in December 2013. Comparing the Sonata to the Camry, Accord, Passat, Malibu, etc, I find that the Sonata stands above them all in the areas that are important to us. But I've never owned a Hyundai, so I'm asking you Sonata owners for feedback.

Reliability is #1. Is the latest generation Sonata reliable? Fuel economy is also important, but we're not willing to pay an additional $4000 for a VW TDI, because it just doesn't pencil out. We only drive about 100,000 miles per year. Any feedback about reliability and mpg would be appreciated.

·
Registered
156 Posts
WOW, 100,000 miles a year?!?! You might as well get the Hyundai, that way you'll have the warranty for at least the full year. I don't own the 11+ Sonata, I own the older generation. The biggest complaint I see about the 11+ Sonata is that the steering pulls to the left a bit. Reliability seems pretty solid as long as you do the regular maintenance.

Hyundai Sonata Reliability

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Correction

I meant to say "10,000 miles/year". Thanks for the link to truedelta. Looks like a place to get answers to a number of my questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts