Sonata Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new salesman and he did a pretty good job explaining what was what but one thing he said I am not sure of. The smart key to charge up is to be put in the slot in the center console. Anyone heard of that?

·
Registered
156 Posts
From the owner's manual (pg 4-11), it uses a batter that can be replaced... so I doubt it needs to "charge" in a slot in the center console.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand about the battery lasting. I was more interested if anyone knew if the slot there was actually for charging the remote if necessary> thanks for your reply

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a new salesman and he did a pretty good job explaining what was what but one thing he said I am not sure of. The smart key to charge up is to be put in the slot in the center console. Anyone heard of that?
If it fits in the slot in the console what else would would it be for ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check section 4-62 in the owners manual-

Low key battery
When the smart key in the vehicle discharges,
the warning illuminates on the
LCD screen for 10 seconds.
Replace the battery with a new one. If it
is not possible, you can start the engine
by inserting the smart key into the smart
key holder and pushing the engine
start/stop button.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacement Smart Key and FOB

Hi. I have a 2012 Hyundai Sonata, and, unfortunately, have lost my backup smart key and fob. The dealer wants $300 plus $100 to program for a replacement. I think this is an insane price and am wondering if anyone has had this problem and where I might get a replacement for less money. BTW, I have checked ebay and other websites. A common replacement key offered has a round end, not square like mine. My code on the back is 3Q000, as are several others, but the other number is 56031A191385. I haven't been able to match that number. Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the same boat except someone actually stole my keys. I was wondering if you found a solution other than just buying it. My dealership said it would be more like $400. It's crazy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you could try to find the key cheaper online but the programming you are going to have to call different dealers to try to get a better price. its unavoidable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes, i have one. there is a slot on the front end of your center console between the two front seats. insert the key fob, face up into the slot by pushing it in till it clicks and holds in place. you can still start and drive your car normally, when you stop, don't forget to take it back out by pressing it in and releasing it. you do not have to open it to replace any batteries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts