Sonata Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
we have the sonata limited 2011 without navagation but with bluetooth.
My husband is in the process of purchasing a new smart phone and i would like to know which ones are compatable. We actually bought the samsung stratosphere but it pared fine but it got the phone book all messed up so since we were on a trial we gaive it back to verizon.
It is very important that the phone book work because my husband spends most of his life in this car and he needs to be able to call his clients by name.
I have been all over the internet looking for advice, and yes I have gone to the site that Hyndai has to look up the year and phone company but the phones there are quite old. When going to bluelink's site it shows newer phones and when surfing around again some people say this works and some people say not.
So later today we are againg going to versizon to find a phone so please give me some advice which ones actually work and which ones have no problems downloading the phone book.

It has to be a versizon phone because that is our carrier/

thanks
Robin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Motorola Photon from Sprint works flawlessly. All phone functions are there, as is streaming music from either the phone itself (mp3 type stream), or directly from my Google music account in the cloud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops let me make this clearer, it has to be a verizon phone
robin

·
Registered
15 Posts
For what Verizon charges - they should send out a personal computer programmer to ensure complete compatibility with every phone they resell! Sprint is a fraction of the cost, better coverage (for us anyway), and the phone couldn't work better by itself or in the Sonata! Now if only Hyundai would actually make a Blue Link product that didn't completely suck... :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in a 2012 (don't know if they made big mods to the audio system or not) but my old iPhone 3G works flawlessly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well we wound up with a htc incredible 2. It works but in the phone book if the name says "John's Cell" the only way to get the bluetooth to recognize the name is to say "Cell John". It seems to pick up the last name first instead of the other way around and it cannot recognize like if a name was JFK Cell,,,, if you say J F K it gives you a name totally different. Here i can understand and that we can fix but it should be able to say "first name (first) then last name (last). and he has 200 names and to change that would be a royal pain in the butt, so he just has to remember to say last name first.
btw the iphone 4s does work because I have that and it works beautifully but he wanted a droid phone not the iphone., oh well i am hoping by the time he needs an upgrade we will be trading the car in for a 2013 (we lease it now), hopefully by then they will have fixed the bluetooth in the car and we can get any phone to pare up and pare up the phone book correctly.
robin

·
Registered
18 Posts
you should be able to sync any phone and use the contacts via your bluetooth capabilities. sounds like your getting a new smart phone so you shouldnt have any problems. ive got an evo and it works great, so maybe look into getting a droid or something of that nature.

·
Registered
18 Posts
in reply with your last post there is a setting on your phone that puts contacts first name first or last name first then last name. you just need to set your phone settings to where the name pops up eric m instead of m eric

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have "cheapy" Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V phones which paired up to the bluetooth just fine and we've had no problems with the Bluetooth. Blue Link, however,is another story. I finally went to the Blue Link site and got a list of the phones available so I suppose we'll just have to find another carrier that carries one of the compatible phones unless someone has a better idea.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Make sure you tell your phone it is okay to transfer the contact list. The first time I paired my new Andriod to the Sonata, the contacts didn't transfer. A few days later, I saw a notification on the phone that was asking for permission to transfer contacts to the Sonata. Once I let the phone know it was okay, it has been fine since.

For the last name first issue, I just load my contacts' full names into the first name field of the phone's phonebook. Then I can just say the full name and not worry about last name first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts