Sonata Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 2019 at a cut price, maintenance was awful, have an appointment monday and just received synthetic oil and transmission fluid to put in, a preferred brand of mine and I did not order the filter, totally forgot, wife was yelling at me about chores when I was ordering and I rushed!

I really do not want to re-order and cancel the appointment, next one available is in 2-3 weeks! Do I have to go with a recommended filter with the brand of oil that I bought or will any filter work. A local mechanic will probably have one on hand or order one in a jiffy..

here is the oil
2019 Hyundai SONATA recommended synthetic oil and filter
they recommend two filters to go along with the oil. Not sure if it affects the performance?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I always use a factory Hyundai Blue/or Kia filter. I buy them online much less than the dealer sells them for,, and shipping is usually fast. I also buy in bulk.. 10 at a time. I change my oil every 1.5 months (3,000 miles) I use Mobile 1 5w20 full synthetic. To insure the filter is a genuine Mobil product and not a knockoff, look into the center of the hole and you will see the logo at the bottom. Car runs great. No leaks, no issues, 115K 2014 Sonata limited 2.4L.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts