Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a Sonata SE turbo soon and am trying to decide if it's worth it to spend the extra $ for the nav system and upgraded stereo. I already have a Garmin GPS and don't especially need the in dash nav system but I'm a big music listener and would hate to be stuck with the base factory stereo if it's not decent. So for those that have the base factory stereo, how is the sound quality? For those that have the nav system and upgraded stereo, do you think this system is worth purchasing just for the sound quality of the stereo? Any thoughts, or opinions would be most appreciated. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The upgraded sound system is worth it

I bought my SE Turbo in May and absolutely love it. I was confronted with the same choice you are, and I tried both systems in long test drives. I found the base system to be merely adequate for iPod and CD-based music and somewhat distorted at higher volumes, but the 360 watt Dimension system was decidedly superior in all ways. The sound envelope has been designed by a famous audiophile, and it does make a difference. I am a serious music lover and listen to a wide range of genres, and I found the response and range of the upgraded system to be considerably better and the overall sound quality to be substantially improved. I also tried the high end 400 watt Infinity system, which was the best of the three, but I felt the modest difference between the Dimension and the Infinity systems did not warrant the extra cost. The main difference is in the speaker quality; the Infinity speakers are definitely better, but the Dimension speakers are quite good and will be fine for 95% of listeners. Plus, the navigation system is superb. I love my Garmin Nuvi, but I must admit that I much prefer the Sonata's navigation system now that I have been using it.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This definitely is helpful to know. I'm a huge music listener, especially with my iPod so it sounds like the stereo with the nav system is the way to go. Most of the SE Turbos I've found have this system so it works out perfectly. Thanks for the tip. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts