Sonata Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sonata Ltd 1.4t
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2022 Sonata ltd1.4t and I cannot stand the cabin noise. So much road noise, howls on concrete highways. Road noise at all speeds. I even put sound deadening rather thick material that sticks like glue in the trunk and most of the wheel wells. That stuff doesn't work. I have noticed that there is the metal body of the car and zero else nothing they put in to help deaden the noise. nothing in the doors etc. Am I the only one with this awful loud cabin noises? oh yeah and the wind noise above 50 mph..
I have Pirelli P zero tires that I feel causes some of this. I think they are terrible tires myself for this class car.
I am so disapointed in a car the I like alot for styling seating comfort and creature features,
Any recommendations? larger more cushy tire?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would experiment with tire pressures. There may be a sweet spot where the noise abates. Poor alignment can cause tires to howl, too.

I had a Fox body Mustang that was noisy. Went to Sears and got a set of thickly padded floor mats. Made more of a difference than I expected.

I don't know about the Sonata, but I can get a sound deadening kit at sharkracing.com for my Kia Forte. These are custom sized to fit inside the doors, trunk lid, etc. They also have a pad made up of the same material that fits in the spare tire well. If not sharkracing.com, then another company may have such a kit.

How are your door seals? A good cleaning followed by some silicon spray may be helpful. If the seals have pulled away there is a double sided tape specifically designed to reattach the seals.

Lastly, my 2019 Sonata had a lot of wind noise from one of the back doors. Had a body shop readjust the door to make the sound disappear.

Don't know about sound deadening spay inside the wheel wells. May be worth a try if you are desperate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts