Sonata Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were seeing many modern cars coming out lately that are angular, sleekly designed and futuristic looking. On the flip side we have Porsches that have essentially kept the same look for 50 years.

Cars like the Sonata have been lauded for their striking appeal and forward thinking design, but I'm of the opinion that the Sonata wont look so good in a couple of years.

Whenever anything is based on a current trend it has a finite lifespan based on shifting tastes. Vehicles that are able to keep a classic element to them that roots the design in past, present and future have a much better chance at longevity.

Perfect example is the Ford Mustang, the Mustang has changed its design numerous times since 1964 but it still retains a classic element that keeps people flocking back to the Mustang. Even the most modern mustang retains some of its vintage styling.

Now im not saying every vehicle should have retro styling to it but I am saying that makers need to pay a little more attention to the sustain of a design, I dont want to buy a car that looks dated/funny before my lease term is even up :confused:

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think the current sonata will still look good in a few years, i don't see why not?
already it's design is sort of ahead of it's time, it's going to be a while before it's design starts to get old, especially within it's segment.

Cars in the Sonata's segment, like those from Honda, Toyota, GM, etc have designs that won't last as long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts