Sonata Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody, I have a 2021 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid limited and I was just wondering if it was worth it to do some sound deadening I mean it's already great car but if I could have even less road noise, better sounding audio, etc. it would be awesome.
And of course if it is worth it I could use some help getting pointed in the right direction as to how to go about it products to use etc etc thank you so much

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a 22 limited gasser yesterday and i must say out of everything my only serious complaint is the road noise too. Stereo sounds fantastic and wind noise is okay i suppose considering my f150 was kinda noisy with wind as well. I personally dont have enough hands on experience with any particular brand but i can tell you from my own experience that you want to get something on the thicker side as far as material goes. It'll give you just a tad more cushion under the carpet and really help with vibration and heat deterrence or keep your car warm if that's your climate. Also I'm sure it goes without saying thicker will be better for sound isolation as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just picked up a 22 limited gasser yesterday and i must say out of everything my only serious complaint is the road noise too. Stereo sounds fantastic and wind noise is okay i suppose considering my f150 was kinda noisy with wind as well. I personally dont have enough hands on experience with any particular brand but i can tell you from my own experience that you want to get something on the thicker side as far as material goes. It'll give you just a tad more cushion under the carpet and really help with vibration and heat deterrence or keep your car warm if that's your climate. Also I'm sure it goes without saying thicker will be better for sound isolation as well.
Thank you. 😀

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alright, we will consider those when start working on uncle's new truck project. Aunt doesn't like the noise so there must be something to lessen that. Still waiting for it to return from the shop for tire mounting and balancing before we can check.

·
Registered
2022 Sonata Ltd 1.4t
4 Posts
Hey everybody, I have a 2021 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid limited and I was just wondering if it was worth it to do some sound deadening I mean it's already great car but if I could have even less road noise, better sounding audio, etc. it would be awesome.
And of course if it is worth it I could use some help getting pointed in the right direction as to how to go about it products to use etc etc thank you so much
I put sound deadening in my 22 sontat..it did ZERO. covers my trunk and wheel wells inside the trunk...no difference

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry bro. since I made this initial post I did the same I had a shop do it with dynamite. The entire trunk trunk lid. the floor the entire thing put a spare tire subwoofer in. It didn't do anything for road noise whether or not it actually helps the subwoofer sound or not I don't know because it wasn't there before I did it.

·
Registered
2022 Sonata Ltd 1.4t
4 Posts
yeah, seems it has much thin body metal with nothing to insulate against sound. did much the same as you but not on my deck lid. I used an app for decibels then took it on a ride this morning. pretty steady at 78 decibels and up to 83 on the freeway. pretty loud. I'm so disappointed in the sound level(and wind noise) Hyundai has a great thing going I think with the Sonata that falls down with a cheap noise filled cabin environment.
My next step will be to get theses awful pirrelli p-zeros off this car. see if I can't find a much quieter tire, taller with more sidewall give that hopefully will give a smoother ride to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm wondering if doing something around the front wheel wells will help???
Anyway I'm almost due for tires And have also been thinking that might be a way to decrease sound as well as to smooth the ride. Lisa please let me know if you find some tires that help in achieving these goals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sound deadening can only do so much. Road noise comes from the wheels through the suspension. Products like dynamat will do very little. The only option would be to bag the car. Install air ride suspension.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah, seems it has much thin body metal with nothing to insulate against sound. did much the same as you but not on my deck lid. I used an app for decibels then took it on a ride this morning. pretty steady at 78 decibels and up to 83 on the freeway. pretty loud. I'm so disappointed in the sound level(and wind noise) Hyundai has a great thing going I think with the Sonata that falls down with a cheap noise filled cabin environment.
My next step will be to get theses awful pirrelli p-zeros off this car. see if I can't find a much quieter tire, taller with more sidewall give that hopefully will give a smoother ride to.
early in our cars life(2020 ltd), i got a takeoff set of 17's with michelin primacy. instantly i could tell the car was smoother and quieter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts