Sonata Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking on going with the E3 plugs, I'm not sure if that voids any warranty but I'm curoius as to what the fuel consumption will be after the plugs and the concept3 intake.
I don't really see a need for an exhaust upgrade unless it's purely for weight. And to be honest, I'm kinda liking the quite ride for a change.
My pickup had a Magnaflow system with headers and a nice pipe routing job and my Jeep runs Flowmaster 60 series mufflers with block hugger headers, so I've been used to a "noticeable" ride.

So far everything I've used has been split fire or NGK's for plugs but with doing a lot of 75mph drives for my commute I'm hoping the E3's and a synthetic oil (and eventually the intake) I can be in the 40mpg range.

Any thoughts, suggestions or warranty info would be helpful.

We need a dealer service tech on here as a member.:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can't imagine changing plugs would void warranty... but I'm sure the dealer would attempt to find any means possible for you to pay. But the E3 plugs seem to be a hit or miss. Some say it work, some say it sucks and causes rough idle, poor response, etc. The OEMs are iridium tipped, and should last 100k miles, but I'm gonna change them out to Denso Iridiums next spring. I thought about the E3s and the Pulstars, but if they suck, changing out the plugs on the V6 is a pain... your I4 should be much easier/faster to swap them in and out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts