Sonata Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in D2 lowering spring or coilovers please let me know. I have a great POC there and he has been giving some great deals on the products. The springs lower 1.25 all corners. Not 2" that the site shows. That turned out to be an error on the application guide. The springs are great and handling is much improved immediately!

The coilovers go much lower. Here is a pic of some recently installed:
1385323571369.jpg
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
If anyone is interested in D2 lowering spring or coilovers please let me know. I have a great POC there and he has been giving some great deals on the products. The springs lower 1.25 all corners. Not 2" that the site shows. That turned out to be an error on the application guide. The springs are great and handling is much improved immediately!

The coilovers go much lower. Here is a pic of some recently installed:
View attachment 1441
Thanks my friend. I will!

Reactions: Coastiehog

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am looking to go lower, but am having a hard time justifying the price of coilovers as opposed to springs at the moment. The price would have to be super good to not pass up. Springs offer a good drop and with the decent roads out here in SoCal, I think I could get away without changing the shocks and struts. If you could, PM prices for both, I am looking to do something soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Having the ability to adjust height and dampener settings makes the coilovers worth it for me

Plus its easy afterwards to put your stock strut and springs back in afterwards if you return to stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having the ability to adjust height and dampener settings makes the coilovers worth it for me

Plus its easy afterwards to put your stock strut and springs back in afterwards if you return to stock.
This is my main drive for wanting coilovers, the ease of install and removal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is my main drive for wanting coilovers, the ease of install and removal.
I always say thats its better for you to save up for quality pieces you actually want than spending less money on a worse product because you want them NOW!

I'd say wait and save a bit more to get the exact pieces you want, otherwise you just wont be happy ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I always say thats its better for you to save up for quality pieces you actually want than spending less money on a worse product because you want them NOW!

I'd say wait and save a bit more to get the exact pieces you want, otherwise you just wont be happy ;)
I 100% agree with this, but from what i have been reading, people have been having issues all different brands of CO so far... Do I want to spend 1000+ to have issues or 200? LOL I need some good options!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Springs for me...

I am going with the lowering springs. Replacing the shocks and all the mounting hardware at the same time. It will be a straight R&R for me so going back to the stock will be easy if I need to go that route.

I have already invested in all the parts needed. Thanks for the offers though!

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
How's the ride with just springs? And who's running aftermarket shocks and struts? I like the price of the Megan ez streets, but not some of the reviews. "Better" coil overs cost more than I can spend, and I don't need all the features really. Wondering how long I can get away with springs, maybe upgrading the shocks and struts...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How's the ride with just springs? And who's running aftermarket shocks and struts? I like the price of the Megan ez streets, but not some of the reviews. "Better" coil overs cost more than I can spend, and I don't need all the features really. Wondering how long I can get away with springs, maybe upgrading the shocks and struts...
I just did spring swap.......left the stock shocks and struts......with the D2 springs only dropping 1.25" I doubt the wear would be that bad.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts