Sonata Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen pics of these on the internet but cannot find a specific model. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Which strut bar are u looking at? There's some pricey ones on different Korean websites like shark racing, import shark, Korean auto imports. But many of us just went the ebay route and picked up one for the 1g eclipse for about $18 shipped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So there is no enhancement to the car, this is just a mod for looks?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So are there any of them that is worth investing in, or is it just wasted cash at best

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thats a tough question. I haven't seen anyone post up on any forums about aftermarket strut bar specifically made for our Sonatas. If you purchase one, you might be the first (in my book) so please do share your experience if you come across one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent importshark a email but it's been over 24hrs and no reply so I don't know what to say. I'll post if I do manage to find one though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Strut Bar (3.3)

Thats a tough question. I haven't seen anyone post up on any forums about aftermarket strut bar specifically made for our Sonatas. If you purchase one, you might be the first (in my book) so please do share your experience if you come across one.
Old post I know but, I still have not seen a higher quality Strut Bar for the 3.3 models. I have the Ultra Racing for the 2.4i (killer by the way!) But not for the V6 models. UltraRacing & the No-Name Bars are the only two bars I find beneficial or an add to handling characteristics. This applies to the NF models 2006-2010.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know Jon? Perhaps the Mighty V6 does not need a higher quality strut bar? I have never seen a need for one. I would like to see longer lasting stock parts if that means anything?

·
Registered
222 Posts
ever thought about getting one custom made? most metal shops will be able to do it for a relatively low cost. And it'll be stronger than anything you can buy from a store or online.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I too have an Ultra Racing Strut Bar on my 2012 Sonata SE. I have noticed a slight difference in the handling, especially when on sharp turns at a higher speed. A lot of the guys out there also like the No Name Strut Bar.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Strut Bar...

I don't know Jon? Perhaps the Mighty V6 does not need a higher quality strut bar? I have never seen a need for one. I would like to see longer lasting stock parts if that means anything?
BBB, neither the 2.4 or the 3.3 Sonata come stock with a Strut Bar. It is an after market addition. One that I have found beneficial in handling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Calgary Canucker,
Ultra Racing has finally released a one piece steel front strut bar for 2006 - 2010 Hyundai Sonata and Azera with 3.3 engine, that will install without issue.
http://www.nextgentuning.rpmware.co...racing_front_strut_bar/tw22287/i-2019333.aspx
All interested in purchasing Ultra Racing strut bar, can do so by visiting link above. NextGenTuning is willing to discount price and add free shipping for all sonataforums members interested.
Click on the link provided and enter promo code NGT25S when checking out to receive discount and free shipping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Follow up;
Received Ultra Racing strut bar TW2-2287. Bar installed withiut any issues or modifications. Clears engine cover and manifold;

1 - 16 of 16 Posts