Sonata Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 2011+ Sonatas are getting more popular than ever, but I've found our choices for upgrading suspension VERY limited. Thus far I've found coilovers or NeoTech struts.

For such a popular car I'd have thought the Sonata would get offerings from Tokico, Bilstein, KYB performance versions, ... Something...

I'm wanting to get a set of Eibach springs, but I can't find a proper strut to compliment the progressive rate springs. I generally like a more euro style ride, smooth, firm, controlled, but with enough compliance to make a long trip a joyful experience. The stock GLS ride is just too choppy for me.

Can somebody tell me what to expect from the NeoTechs, or maybe clue me in on when other options will be available?

Will the currently available KYB struts hold up to the Eibachs?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had Tokico's in the past, and being on the low end of the scale for aftermarket suspension parts, they do make decent stuff. Worth the money if you just want something "good enough"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly, Tokico is not making struts for the 2012 as yet. Not that I've seen.

It looks like I'll have to go with H&R springs with a 1/2" spring spacer. Maybe the stock struts can handle the softer H&Rs until the aftermarket kicks in....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still have not pulled the trigger on springs. I just can't justify the safety compromise & expense without a set of struts that can handle the rebound in the increased spring rate.

*(sitting on fat wallet waiting for struts)*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts