Sonata Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that I can only find chrome trim for my 2011 Sonata. I get the feeling that i'm not alone in wishing that someone/anyone made a black trim package for the exterior. I know alot of people wrap the trim with the Carbon Fiber tape but man, I'd be happy with even unpainted or unfinished flat black trim. Black badges and black trim. Is it too much to ask for. I ask you, my brothers, why is it this way?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Why is it that I can only find chrome trim for my 2011 Sonata. I get the feeling that i'm not alone in wishing that someone/anyone made a black trim package for the exterior. I know alot of people wrap the trim with the Carbon Fiber tape but man, I'd be happy with even unpainted or unfinished flat black trim. Black badges and black trim. Is it too much to ask for. I ask you, my brothers, why is it this way?
i dont think sonata has too much chrome going on.. maybe a bit on the grill but other then that it seems average to me among cars from other makes...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think sonata has too much chrome going on.. maybe a bit on the grill but other then that it seems average to me among cars from other makes...
I agree they don't have a lot of chrome on the car, I am just referring to the lack of black trim as an option on aftermarket web sites. It's all chrome trim/garnish or fake carbon fiber. I know I am leaving out other options such as stainless or painted but simple matte black is sweet and almost impossible to find. I guess most want flashy but some of us just want simple and clean. ImportShark has the H symbol in matte black and other colors but that's it. I contacted them and they said they'd do any trim I want but until that I couldn't find any. I know if someone put out an exterior trim package in all black, they'd make bank. oh well.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Your right about the chrome trim. It seems like it changes very 7 to 10 years. Every and I mean almost every make of every car in every model now has chrome trim. My 2006 civic has black matte trim and it looks clean and sleek. I saw a 2012 Sonata today that had extra chrome everywhere even chrome door edge guards on a midnight black Sonata. Ugh!! Let me know if you have an easy fix for all the chrome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's not an easy fix haha but Import Shark will do any of the trim pieces in either flat black or gloss black. It's not cheap but at least its quality paint. I keep telling people to just come up with an all black trim package and I know it would sell. Oh well. After I get the black grill and grill garnish, i'm gonna start getting all the trim done piece by piece. Good luck on your quest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts