Sonata Forums banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
i dont mind a little bit of chrome from factory as long as its not some cheap aftermarket alternative

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like it.
Any plans to black out any or all of that hidious chrome?
Absolutely none whatsoever! Both the wife and I love the look of the car exactly as it is. Besides, there are plenty of primered, oversized mufflered, horrid cheap ground effects Honda/Mazda/Toyotas with black spray painted wheels and "blacked out" windows/lights/body trim to last anyone several lifetimes. I'm still left scratching my head as to why you purchased this car, which you seem to so vehemently detest both in looks and (as your posts over at Hyundai Forums appear to allude) its apparent lack of performance quality.

We love the car, and it suits both our needs, and our tastes quite well! Perhaps we should strip it down to the metal and have the entire vehicle done up in a mirror polish aluminum or nickel...just like the gorgeous old Beechcraft I used to know! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
A pic I took before I had my rims

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
im assuming you are using a dslr? what lens and camera are these pics taken with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sweet (even stock)

Just bought a '12 sonata in GL trim (wanted manual tranny), all along wanted white, then when doing up the paperwork I saw the charcoal blue - and within minutes I'd signed my contract and ordered it in that colour. The next day I had this sick feeling :eek:, by the second day I called the dealer and was told sorry they had put the order in. By day 5 I couldn't help thinking what an idiot I was, so called back and asked for the highest level of management I could talk to - I'm now getting white! After looking at your pics Dogukan - I'm so glad I persisted!!! Awesome shots btw.

I did upgrade to alloys, even though it supposedly isn't possible - however, they aren't the stock style but are Hyundai branded. They said they'll take them off if I don't like them, stay tuned (like 6 weeks from now lol).

note: not that I think the blue isn't a nice colour, but for me, white is a clear choice

81 - 100 of 125 Posts