1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Timing Belt

·
Registered
374 Posts
chain system is so much better, just one less thing to worry about. belts....you have to worry about breaking if you don't change them in time because if they go....RIP engine and depending how much the vehicle is worth...RIP car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
chain system is so much better, just one less thing to worry about. belts....you have to worry about breaking if you don't change them in time because if they go....RIP engine and depending how much the vehicle is worth...RIP car!
are you 100% these are interference? I was unable to find anything saying yes or no. About 80% of the motors built are interference but it would be nice to know 100%.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They are belts, it's a must change at 50,000 or your asking for big trouble,

Cost between $400 to $500 some pulleys get changed also, go time to get the serpentine belt changed also, just pay for the part because they have to take it off to get to the timing belt.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Sorry guys... In a 2012 Sonata 2.4 it is a timing chain. I called my dealer and they confirmed it.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Who ever answer the phone gave you bad information,
No offense Goldwing... You don't know what you are talking about. That is a chain and does not have to changed out like a belt. I spoke with a service writer. This is not up for debate... Period!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Sorry yes it is,

Part #ATM- TB 328K2__________ Timing Belt Kit $329.00

Napa

I had 5 Sonata's
I had 1 Santa Fe

Starting in 2002
You just called it a timing belt kit. It's a timing chain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.