Sonata Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, newbee to this site, just want some help or advise maybe. got this 2011 sonata gls as pre own with 50000 k on it, after 18 months of using it with utmost care, engine sign glows on panel, the car jitters when shifts gear from P to D or R. had to call towing service and brought to dealer, till now, car has been sitting there for 10 days, was told by service staff that they tried to re program it but failed, now they are waiting for a new program from hyundai canada,not given time frame as to when it will be done,or will they change its transmission.cant believe it, for a new car to have its tranny problem is horrible and disapointing, .I got 9000 km additional for 18 months, it 's well maintain. please advise, im from toronto canada.:(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tranny situation...

hi guys, newbee to this site, just want some help or advise maybe. got this 2011 sonata gls as pre own with 50000 k on it, after 18 months of using it with utmost care, engine sign glows on panel, the car jitters when shifts gear from P to D or R. had to call towing service and brought to dealer, till now, car has been sitting there for 10 days, was told by service staff that they tried to re program it but failed, now they are waiting for a new program from hyundai canada,not given time frame as to when it will be done,or will they change its transmission.cant believe it, for a new car to have its tranny problem is horrible and disapointing, .I got 9000 km additional for 18 months, it 's well maintain. please advise, im from toronto canada.:(
Before making judgements about the car or transmission, I would wait to see how things play out. First off the time factor and the dealer would be more of a concern for me. Why did the upgrade fail? 10 days and now waiting for a new program from Hyundai? They should be able to download and apply this upgrade at will I would think. I've been wrong before though... :)

Are you sure you are getting the correct information? I would talk with you advisor and make sure you understand correctly what is being done on your vehicle. :confused:

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Welcome to the forums... I'm sorry you are having problems with your 2011 Sonata GLS. I hope the dealer will be able to get it repaired and soon. Keep us posted about what's happening with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2011 2.0T and the transmission went out at 58k. The transmission seal from the front pump leaked into the pan and the whole transmission was replaced with a remanufactured one. It jerked and slammed into gear when stopped or when trying to shift, it would jump. They said they never saw this happen on ANY Hyundai but who knows. Got 72k on it but trading for a new 2013 2.0T. Hope that will be better.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Before making judgements about the car or transmission, I would wait to see how things play out. First off the time factor and the dealer would be more of a concern for me. Why did the upgrade fail? 10 days and now waiting for a new program from Hyundai? They should be able to download and apply this upgrade at will I would think. I've been wrong before though... :)

Are you sure you are getting the correct information? I would talk with you advisor and make sure you understand correctly what is being done on your vehicle. :confused:
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Its clear the car and transmission have issues, how could he not judge the car?

Unless you're trying to say its imagined ;)

BTW welcome aboard @bluesrn6, keep us posted on the progress. This time of year is typically terrible for dealer work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts