Sonata Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a 2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS. This has been a very reliable car, but on a few occasions while driving or at a stop sign/light, when I step on the gas, the tact revs up but the transmission acts like its in neutral. At first I thought the transmission was gone, but there was no check engine light, there was no dash lights, nothing occurred and when I took it to AutoZone to do an OBD scan, there were no codes. Once when I was at a stop light, the light turned green and I hit the gas, the car sat there and the tact revved. Another time, I was driving around a curve in the road, I went to accelerate and the engine revved, like it was in neutral, the car began to slow. I just thought to slide the shift into neutral and then back into drive and transmission engaged like nothing happened. Again, no engine lights or codes. It can go weeks or a month without doing anything, then all of a sudden, it happens once. Does any of this sound familiar? Took it to the dealer x2 and they could not repeat the iue and found nothing. Worried about getting stuck on the side of the road.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
Take it to a transmission mechanic / shop. Many engine mechanics don’t work directly on transmissions. They either replace them or send them out to get rebuilt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have an appt w/the transmission shop this morning, will see what they come up with. It apparently acted up multiple times yesterday on my wife, but of course I get in and drive it and nothing. Will let you know what they find, if anything.

Thanks....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts