Sonata Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2021 Sonata and would like to add a trunk lip spoiler. My questions:

1. The new Sonata N-line has a black trunk lip spoiler. Is it a direct fit? Is it attached with double-sided tape?
2. The new Sonata Hybrid Blue also has a black trunk lip spoiler. Is it a direct fit? Is it attached with double-sided tape?
3. Does anyone have experience with 'factory style' after market spoilers?

I look forward to your replies, especially if you work in Hyundai parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, this took me about 2 months. I was finally able to order a 2021 Sonata Hybrid spoiler in gloss black from Headquarter Hyundai in Sanford, FL. for a little over $100. Attached is a picture of the part numbers. The top part of the spoiler sticks onto the top of the trunk lid with 3M double-sided tape, already on the spoiler. The bottom part apparently attaches to the trunk lid with tabs and screws, but instead of drilling into the trunk of my new car, I will cut off the 5 plastic tabs and 2 plastic pins on the ends. Then I will apply a strip of 3M tape to the bottom part. (Other spoilers I have seen are similarly attached). This spoiler aligns nicely with the top crease between the taillights and fills in the approx. 1 1/2" bottom area between them. If you are interested in a good looking, well-made, reasonably priced, factory spoiler for your 2020 or 2021 Sonata, this may be the one for you.
Let me know how it went for you.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts