Sonata Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2021 Sonata and would like to add a trunk lip spoiler. My questions:

1. The new Sonata N-line has a black trunk lip spoiler. Is it a direct fit? Is it attached with double-sided tape?
2. The new Sonata Hybrid Blue also has a black trunk lip spoiler. Is it a direct fit? Is it attached with double-sided tape?
3. Does anyone have experience with 'factory style' after market spoilers?

I look forward to your replies, especially if you work in Hyundai parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, this took me about 2 months. I was finally able to order a 2021 Sonata Hybrid spoiler in gloss black from Headquarter Hyundai in Sanford, FL. for a little over $100. Attached is a picture of the part numbers. The top part of the spoiler sticks onto the top of the trunk lid with 3M double-sided tape, already on the spoiler. The bottom part apparently attaches to the trunk lid with tabs and screws, but instead of drilling into the trunk of my new car, I will cut off the 5 plastic tabs and 2 plastic pins on the ends. Then I will apply a strip of 3M tape to the bottom part. (Other spoilers I have seen are similarly attached). This spoiler aligns nicely with the top crease between the taillights and fills in the approx. 1 1/2" bottom area between them. If you are interested in a good looking, well-made, reasonably priced, factory spoiler for your 2020 or 2021 Sonata, this may be the one for you.
Let me know how it went for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better, faster, smarter! After trying 3 different spoilers, I have now settled on the Onzigoo rear spoiler for my 2021 Sonata. I ordered it on Ebay from S Korea, it was shipped UPS on Thursday and was delivered to my door on Friday: 1 1/2 days from S Korea!!! With a little bit of dry fitting, the total installation was under 5 minutes. The fit is easy and the quality good. It also has many good reviews.

Wheel Vehicle Sky Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Hood Grille Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Car

·
Registered
64 Posts
Better, faster, smarter! After trying 3 different spoilers, I have now settled on the Onzigoo rear spoiler for my 2021 Sonata. I ordered it on Ebay from S Korea, it was shipped UPS on Thursday and was delivered to my door on Friday: 1 1/2 days from S Korea!!! With a little bit of dry fitting, the total installation was under 5 minutes. The fit is easy and the quality good. It also has many good reviews.

View attachment 6347 View attachment 6348 View attachment 6349 View attachment 6347 View attachment 6348 View attachment 6349
That looks better, man! We'll on this new Sonata project after we finished installing the rear bumper and nitto ridge grappler tires on the Raptor. We'll definitely consider that.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 6347 View attachment 6348 View attachment 6349 View attachment 6347 View attachment 6348 View attachment 6349
Where did you get your black trim from? Mines chrome from factory, hate it, also do you have a link for the factory aftermarket spoiler that you found but didn't like?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts