Sonata Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
nice sonata, but was ur garage closed? never turn on your car in a closed garage like that, you can die from carbon monoxide.
also what part of ny are you in?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
Yeah the garage was closed. I only had it closed for the short video because I wanted to show the HIDs and LEDs.

I'm from Queens, but I have family members in different parts of Long Island.... I'm always around.

·
Registered
470 Posts
hey i had the exact same key lol
you didnt put the silver trim/sticker on it? i think it looks kinda dull without it lol
also, are you suffering from the alarm button being too sensitive in the new key? bcuz i did.. and i can show you some solutions if thats your problem as well lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Jpark.
Yeah when I first received my Flip Key, the red panic button was way too sensitive. I rigged it by shaving the back of the red button. I shaved just a little portion, enough for it to respond. After all was said and done, I used Gorilla Glue to stick the top handle of the button to the Alarm. No more problems with the Flip Key. I didn't like the silver or gold trim that it came with, it looked to cheesy or fake. I left it black because it seemed more OEM.

@ Turbogiotto
I'm not sure what you mean by the panel of my dome lights....
This is what I did, I purchased a 5000k LED Bulb (From V-Leds.com) that works with my Dome Light, took out the dome Lens, took out the OEM bulb and replaced it with my new LED, afterwards I put back the dome lens. Quick installation. I didn't have to purchase a new Dome Panel. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
470 Posts
oh i guess thats another way

i just cut the red rubber button off the old key fob (the oem one) with scissors and nicely shaped it, placed it underneath the plastic red button on the flip key, it worked like a dream

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
**** yeah count me in. I'm actually doing a car meet on Nov 12 with a couple of guys that drive sonatas. This is my first meet. Some guys are from Staten island, long island, and nj. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i wish i had local sonata's to chill with.. looooolllll
i remember i saw a black one with tinted tails and black rims, it wasnt my taste at all but still tried to wave at him, yell at him, w.e to get his attention but he didnt even look

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are getting off topic Eileen =(

@ Jpark, I'm sure you saw that black Sonata when your ride wasn't hooked up yet, so he probably didn't pay no mind. Bump into him again and he will say something =)

@Jason, Why don't you guys make a trip over here? How deep in Canada are you guys?

·
Registered
115 Posts
i wish i had local sonata's to chill with.. looooolllll
i remember i saw a black one with tinted tails and black rims, it wasnt my taste at all but still tried to wave at him, yell at him, w.e to get his attention but he didnt even look

lol that happened to me last week driving on the parkway to school i come up on a sonata with tints so I'm like, hmm ok, start to roll past him and see a f24r badge on the side then head light eyebrows, slapped it into tiptronic like a boss downshifted and did a pull on him. didn't even look

·
Registered
115 Posts
**** yeah count me in. I'm actually doing a car meet on Nov 12 with a couple of guys that drive sonatas. This is my first meet. Some guys are from Staten island, long island, and nj. I will keep you posted.
WTF the first sonata meet i ever heard of actually happening, on the weekend I'm going away :eek: let me know if that date changes and if not take pics please, and def keep me updated. thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Whenever the buyer purchases a new car or vehicle, they often can not wait to add more features to Car itself, making it more valuable and multi-functional. You can find that such kind of updating of accessories may include the Car gps , the high-quality stereo system. Get started with the GPS DVD Navigation on the road helps you find your way to your destination with a connected GPS receiver. Of course, it does not transmit your location. Other people do not keep track of you. Arriving at the unfamiliar territory with the voice guidance giving you the exact instruction, you can really ease yourself. Generally speaking, the map updates for the car GPS launch on the market once a year. Map are available from the online store.
infractions given for spamming, keep the board clean you inconsiderate dumbass

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

So Installed the LED Mirrors covers for the sideviews. I haven't connected them yet due to removing the door panels during the cold weather. At the moment I'm waiting for some White LED strips to come in the mail, its for the under dashboard/seats, I will try to activate the White LEDs to come on when I open the doors. I will post more videos soon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
was just going over this thread and saw something that caught my eye in your video. Where did you get those Tiburon pedals? I'm wondering if they would fit my 06 NF.:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea they will fit your 06-08 model. I bought them off ebay. 2 different sellers. 1 sold me the dead pedal and the other seller sold me the gas and brake pedal. All brand new

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yea they will fit your 06-08 model. I bought them off ebay. 2 different sellers. 1 sold me the dead pedal and the other seller sold me the gas and brake pedal. All brand new
Thanks. So is there a Tiburon model year range that i'm looking for on ebay? I pulled up one and it had all 3 pedals but said that the sonata was not one of the
compatible vehicles for these pedals.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts